Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we have an extra post to have some erudite music!

And again happy Friday guys!!! A great afternoon to you all!!
And here I am again! So fast, right?? Hope I'm not being overwhelming, but I just wanted to have a separate post to share one of my favorite erudite compositions with you guys, continuing the music Friday! It's just a quick post, but oh dear this piece by Gabriel FaurĂ© (1845-1924), present on the soundtack of Sid Meier's Civilization V, is one of my favorite pieces ever! Civ V is wonderful and Gabriel FaurĂ© is wonderful too, also I heard it's been 8 years since this game, that is my favorite, was released, so it just makes sense!!!! I'm gonna share first the version of the game composition, because this interpretation is my favorite, but I could only find it so far on youtube:
And here it's the version for Spotify, which is not orchestral, but still wonderful:

Here's a painting of Gabriel talking about it, he has some pretty iconic facial hair, as we can see!

This piece has a huge and strong impact in my life, and I can't tell how much I love it, since the first time I heard it in 2011, while playing Civ. I never forgot of it and I never will forget, it will forever be a part of my life. My life is better because of Gabriel and this amazing composition, I just had to share this with you guys. It was a bad week, but as long as I can still listen to this, I will holding the conviction that my future is better and my mind will be calm and I'll be happy 100%. Hope you guys are fine, and see you guys next time! Which is probably tomorrow, cause tomorrow is post day, but anyway, see you guys next time!
And don't worry by how short this post is, I'll have more erudite pieces in the future here!!

Comments

Popular Posts