Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we talk a bit about color pencils!

Hello everyone!! Good evening and happy Monday to you! I'm so happy to be here writing this post, sharing what's on my head with you, dear reader of this post! Writing is hard, and you feel tired, but just putting your thoughts out and seeing them in front of you, it's really nice, don't you think? Though you might disagree with me on that, and that's perfectly fine!
So, how are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best, and really hope you had a nice day!
Well, as for me, today rained, so I'm so full of joy, because rain makes the temperature pleasant and fill the land with a nice perfume of grass and dirt. Of course, staying in the rain can be a bore, but I just love it anyway, rain is so good! Apart from that, I had a headache, which sucks, but I took a medicine pill and I'm better now! So that's really nice!
So guys, I was thinking recently, I really like to draw, I've been drawing since forever now, more or less. I am not the best drawer and I don't intend to be, there was a time in which I beated myself for not being naturally good or having the patience or the energy to by myself learn new techniques and all that, but now I just hold on to what truly matters, the fact that I love to draw what I draw. I love to draw, and if I don't love, if it brings more stress and work to me than joy, there's no point in even trying. I do intend on keep on practicing in the future, I want to return to painting classes, I want to have proper artistic training, but now I know: I'll never abandon my sketches. I love them, they can be ugly and they don't even have a style that I call my own, but I love doing them, and I love them. So, why am I telling you guys this?
It's cause this year I had some training in painting, on my last semester on College. I had a class to learn how to use painting materials and all that, from color pencils to the intimidating watercolor. All my life I've been using color pencils to paint, sometimes I have used markers in the past, but with less than good results, this class opened my horizons. But I won't be entering in this just now, about what I learned and all that, because I tend to divagate a lot, the point of this post is to expose my personal thought on this:
WHAT IS THE BEST COLORING MATERIAL??? For me, for now, I guess the answer is color pencils.
I might be wrong, I might change my mind, and if someone with proper training come here, this person probably will be like "what is this guy even talking about?!" but well, it's true, I do think color pencils are the best!
I tried pastels, and though I enjoyed them at first, they quickly became a bore to me, so I barely use them anymore. I tried watercolor, and it's so tricky it's not even worth the process. I tried markers and well, you have to be too much secure of what you're doing with markers, which for me it's never the case. This year I learned a lot of new techniques and materials, but now I returned 100% to my coloring pencils. They for me are the best: they're reliable, easy to use and versatile, they're the best!
And this is it for today, just a small comment on color pencils! Do you guys agree with me? Any thoughts? Let me know, if you want to! I'll probably return to this topic later, and I'll talk about my drawing materials too, so let's just close this post with a pic I took of my beloved magic pencils!


Have a great night you! Avoid nightmares as much as possible and remember that you're the very best!

Comments

Popular Posts