Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we talk (a bit) about Riley Elmore!

And I'm back for another post!! Hello again to you, dear reader, and good evening!! As you guys know, I owe you all an extra post for my day off that infamous Saturday, so now we're taking care of it! Some days are slow, but on others you feel the energy needed for you to do the stuff you want to do! And this is my case!! My day was filled with ups and downs, but it was good overall, which makes me happy!!! Hope you're still having a good day and things were good for you today! I'll say this again and I'll keep on saying all the time, I wish you the best!
So today I just wanted to do some appreciation post to the first artist of The Voice that actually became my idol. I was following The Voice since the end of season 9, as I told you guys, but it was only on season 11 with Riley Elmore that I truly became a fan of one competitor!

Here's Riley, btw, he's amazing

Riley was one of the youngest competitors on The Voice that season, he was around my age back in 2016 (and he's still around my age today as well, duh, hello, earth to Daniel) and he came in singing The Way You Look Tonight, a song immortalized by one of his idols, Frank Sinatra. Riley was (and still is) fascinated by Jazz, he loves it, and he brought all of his superb talent to the show with that blind audition. I saw his performance before the season even aired, because it got leaked on Youtube, and since I read the description of the video, I was already enthusiastic about him.
I love Jazz, like too much, it's not a musical genre that I listen too much on my daily life, but it's one of my ultimate favorites. I still have so much to learn and so much songs to know on this superb musical universe, but I'm always extremely enthusiastic and looking forward to listen and to learn about Jazz. Back in 2016, and going back to 2015, I was going through a more active Jazz period, even more than I am now, looking for songs by Frank and Ella Fitzgerald, who is herself one of my favorites. Riley came in on the right moment in my life for me, which is an extremely happy coincidence. Just like with Zach, I was stunned to see someone so close to my age singing beautifully on a rhythm that tends to be so overlooked today! I was already inclined to root for him since his first moment. Okay, Adam and Blake turned for him, and since Adam managed to communicate better with him, he got Riley on his team! Going through on the competition, I became even more enthusiast about Riley, he pushed me to know even more about Jazz and I couldn't stop watching his performances! I felt bad that Natasha Bure was eliminated on her battle with him, specially because Riley was sad to see her partner leaving the show, but I was so happy he managed to stay on the show! And it went on and on, until he got shamefully eliminated on the playoffs, which broke my heart into a million pieces. I voted like crazy that night, and I cried a lot when he left the show. It took me a while to forgive Adam because he had the chance to save him and he didn't. It was awful, when he left the show became grey to me, though I kept on watching. Riley was very much missed.
He was a landmark on my life, a simbol of my more active period on twitter era. He was one of the first idols I managed to get a follow, I just kept on asking until he finally did follow me. It's not something I'm proud of, but I love Riley deeply, and I just wanted him to follow me because he's one of my ultimate idols. He introduced me to Michael BublĂ© and brought joy and happiness to my life!  For that I'll always be grateful, for that I will never stop being his fan and never will stop on supporting him. 
I also tried to make a fanart to him cause he's amazing, let me show to you guys!

Don't know if it looks too much like him, but anyway, it was a try... I might try it again later

There's so much I wanted to say about him, but this post is getting quite long so, yes, I better stop right here, I will write more about him later on, though, cause he's remarkable and truly one of my favorites ever, alongside Reid Umstattd! For now, guys go check Riley on his social media!!!! You can find on Twitter as @rileyelmore, and on Instagram as @rileywelmore. He's not really too much active on social media, but he's amazing, so yes go check on him!!! He also have an Youtube channel and an Spotify channel! Let me show you guys the link to it!!!

You can find the songs he performed on The Voice on Spotify, and he also made lots of covers after the show, and released an original song, that I showed to you guys a couple of posts ago! 
So, with this fantastic singer, we are done with Monday! Wow, two posts in a day! I made it!!!! Thank you so much for being here and reading, you're the very best!!!!!! Hopefully I'll see you guys soon enough!!!

Comments

Popular Posts