Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we talk a little about the Wonderful Wizard of Oz!

BEFORE WE BEGIN, GUYS, I JUST WANT TO WARN YOU ALL, THIS POST MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS, SO, YES, BE CAREFUL!

Okay, now that I give you guys the warn, guess we can proceed!
Hello everyone!!! Happy Saturday to you, dear reader, and thank you so much for reading my post, you're the very best and I hope you know it! So, how are you today, and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best!! So, it's nice that we are on a weekend, right? Weekends are nice, specially Saturdays, Sundays are usually such a boring day to me! No matter what I do on Sundays, it always sounds way more boring than usual, I could be climbing the Everest Mountain, if it is on a Sunday, it is boring! I don't want to be that person, that already wakes up like "ugh today is sunday", I try my best not to be, and I won't take "oh I guess we're just that way" as a valid answer. Somedays are better than others, sometimes you can't control your mood way too well, but that's a thing, I guess, the other thing is already program yourself to hate that day (and sometimes we can't even control that, but like I said, I won't be held hostage to my mind). So tomorrow I'll say "Yay it's Sunday!" and will let the day be boring or not, if it's boring, well, anyway, but I'll be like "tomorrow will be fine!!!". Okay, but that's enough with the small talk, today I wanted to talk a little about a book I finished recently ((in fact, yesterday)! I book I already read 4 times and it's like one of my favorites! I'm talking about THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ!!!!!!


Published in 1900 and written by the very much energic soul of L. Frank Baum

Here's our potential friend by the way, nice mustache!

I need to make a post in the future to talk about him in specific, because this man is amazing! He really created his own universe and was a passionate storyteller, as well as a very corageous entrerpreneur! But for now let's focus on his most famous book! Dedicated to bring the fantasy world to the United States of America, and more than that, to "modernize", change the tales and make their own, taking off the nightmares and leaving the adventure, Frank, after other books he wrote, came in with the world of Oz!
Dorothy Gale was a vivid girl who lived with her aged precociously uncle and aunt in the middle of Kansas, and also her dog Toto. Everything was grey there, besides her and the doggie.

Those flowers are so lovely! But are they safe? Hmm....

One day though, a huge cyclone changed her life forever, transporting her and Toto to the extremely colorful and very odd land of Oz. Reaching that land, she embarks on a long and dangerous adventure to return to her relatives on Kansas, meeting many odd characters on the way, like a brainless straw man, a heartless tin woodman, and a corageless lion. Going through the
yellow brick road, her first place to go in order to return to Kansas is the legendary EMERALD CITY, so she can meet the powerful Wizard of Oz, the only one they believe can help them with their struggles and wishes.

This is a very unique group of friends, united by one goal, but who grew to like each other very much along the way! So amazing!

Like I said, along the way, they find many misadventures and struggles, and the land of Oz and its inhabitants are amazingly described with so many details! They're jumping off the page and coming to life right in front of you! This is definitely one of my favorite things about the book!
On the contrary to the fancy writing of Alice in Wonderland, Baum is not trying to do something intelectual with the book, and THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!!! In fact, his writing style is simple to understand, and he just wants to create a nice story for everyone to enjoy. Of course, I can't tell enough how much I love Alice and her nonesensical literature, but I also love the in your face style of Baum! They both have immense value! I personally tend to approach more to the style of Baum, but I love both stories so much!

Leave the lion alone, you silly monkeys!!!

The book is unnecesarily long at times, and it can get boring, however it's amazing and a safe bet for everyone! I really vividly recommend it! It's filled with nice things and it can really bring a smile to your face! Dorothy is an enchanting child and this whole place of Oz is very kind to her in general, kinder than the harsh Wonderland Alice went to, that is for sure! And guess what, there's a lot of books on the Oz series, not just the first one, can you guys believe it??? It's a whole saga! Baum did it, he created his own world, and I think he's amazing for that, he was a true artist, that is for sure!!!
Also, the illustrations of the first book, by W. W. Denslow are superb!!! I love them so much!!!
I'm gonna definitely write more about the book in the future, but I guess that's enough for today! Thank you so much for reading and being here!!!! Hope I didn't bore you with all my words!!! I always try to keep my posts small, but when I start writing I can't stop! Well, see you guys next time! Yaaaayyyy!


Comments

Popular Posts