Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

Song of the week! In which we take the path to musicals and jazz and Johnny One-Note!

Hello everyone! Happy Friday to you, dear reader of this post! I'm happy to be here, writing this post so you can read it! How are you today and how are things going with you? As usual, I wish you the best! As for me, today is being hot, which is sad, but it's also musical Friday, which is so exciting!!! I also finished to read The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by the fantastic L. F. Baum! I need to write about not only this book but also about its author soon enough, but for now, let's talk about the song of this week!
As you guys know, I love pop, and I've been focusing more on pop (Aka Madonna) on this musical Fridays. Today I wanted to do something different! Let's take a different path to have some Jazz with Ella Fitzgerald!


Now don't worry, I won't stop talking about pop here, quite the opposite! I just want to have all the musical genres I like here in the end, so I can share them all with you, dear reader, so we can have a nice musical experience together!
Now, talking about Ella, I really do love her so much! She and George Gershwin properly introduced me to Jazz, back in 2013! It's a musical genre that I'm always looking to learn more and have more of it in my life! Ella's voice is breathtaking and she's so extremely enthusiastic and creative in her performances! She is, in fact, the first lady of song, after all! She indeed had some very troubling years, but music was just what she needed to shine forever! 
This song I discovered more recently, when Jazz experienced another revival in my life, thanks to Austin Giorgio, of the last season of The Voice! Right now I discovered this one is part of a bigger musical: Babes in Arms, by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart. The record in which Johnny One-Note is in it's basically a recollection of songs of musicals by this both authors, sang by the very much talented Ella!
If you don't have Spotify do not distress, I have the Youtube link to it right here:
I also have another performance of this very nice song!!


And with the poster of the musical we close the musical post of today!!! Thank you so much for reading, and maybe you'll enjoy this song!!! You're the very best either way!!! See you soon!



Comments

Popular Posts