Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which one can still feel the cold steel of the Dell brand laptop...

Good evening, kind friend, dear reader of this present post! How are you? I hope you have been well? Of course, do let me know! And how is the weather? Much to my relief, where I am at, it is still partially winter, it has been hard to say when winter will end and I would be certain it is spring. It did not rain as much in this season, alas, and I adore the rain.  I did not have the most productive of days yesterday, the last Saturday of September 2026. In fact, I was exhausted, I slept through most of it. And, what else to do? I could not bring myself on doing anything. No desire to engage in any game, no mindspace for drawing, and I could not write either. I just slept. A dear friend mentioned perhaps I needed the extra sleep, so it is what it is.  I was thinking of a song, which is the one part of the piece of Pelleas et Melisande, this time done by my favorite composer, Gabriel Faure. The Sicilienne part, probably one of my favorite pieces of music ever. Fun how it works, ...

Song of the week! In which we take the path to musicals and jazz and Johnny One-Note!

Hello everyone! Happy Friday to you, dear reader of this post! I'm happy to be here, writing this post so you can read it! How are you today and how are things going with you? As usual, I wish you the best! As for me, today is being hot, which is sad, but it's also musical Friday, which is so exciting!!! I also finished to read The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by the fantastic L. F. Baum! I need to write about not only this book but also about its author soon enough, but for now, let's talk about the song of this week!
As you guys know, I love pop, and I've been focusing more on pop (Aka Madonna) on this musical Fridays. Today I wanted to do something different! Let's take a different path to have some Jazz with Ella Fitzgerald!


Now don't worry, I won't stop talking about pop here, quite the opposite! I just want to have all the musical genres I like here in the end, so I can share them all with you, dear reader, so we can have a nice musical experience together!
Now, talking about Ella, I really do love her so much! She and George Gershwin properly introduced me to Jazz, back in 2013! It's a musical genre that I'm always looking to learn more and have more of it in my life! Ella's voice is breathtaking and she's so extremely enthusiastic and creative in her performances! She is, in fact, the first lady of song, after all! She indeed had some very troubling years, but music was just what she needed to shine forever! 
This song I discovered more recently, when Jazz experienced another revival in my life, thanks to Austin Giorgio, of the last season of The Voice! Right now I discovered this one is part of a bigger musical: Babes in Arms, by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart. The record in which Johnny One-Note is in it's basically a recollection of songs of musicals by this both authors, sang by the very much talented Ella!
If you don't have Spotify do not distress, I have the Youtube link to it right here:
I also have another performance of this very nice song!!


And with the poster of the musical we close the musical post of today!!! Thank you so much for reading, and maybe you'll enjoy this song!!! You're the very best either way!!! See you soon!



Comments