Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

Album of the Month! In which we get spooky with Oingo Boingo

And here we are, on a Tuesday, a day out of my schedule, so we could see the album of the month!! Also, on Halloween's eve, and on the eve of the month of November, so much going on! This week is being busy and we're yet on its second day! 
Good night to you dear reader? How are you today and how things are going? As usual, I wish you the best, and I do hope everything is going fine for you, on this Halloween eve. I hope you're on a nice cozy place, as for me, I'm frying because the heat here is no joke. But things will be fine and I think this week has a lot of potential already! My Monday was not too bad, and today was not a bad day either, though busy and all that, like I had this work to do for college, that I still have not finished. And also I want to be on my best Halloween mood... how I wish this Holiday could be more popular in Brazil... but anyway, moving on.
I wanted to pay some tribute to Halloween by giving the album of the month to one of my favorite bands that I discovered ths year, Oingo Boingo! The album that I chose I already have listened to it a couple times before, but today was the day I actually sat down to listen to all the songs and Oh My God, it is too good! So this is not only an homage to this spooky time, it's also really a upbeat awesome record! Here's to BOI-NGO!!


I'm still getting to know this band, but the more I know the more I like it! The first time I made a post about it I unfortunately got the name of the song wrong by a grammar mistake, I only realized it later, but in the end I decided to keep the mistake there, I'm not perfect, and this blog is not about that (though I like to correct everything and do everything fine and all that, ANYWAY, moving on). 
Boi-ngo, released on 1987, definitely has the 80's feel that I love about the band, it's not as spooky as Dead Man's Party, but still has a lot of personality and a heavy synth-pop feel to it, and since I love lots of kinds of pop, including specially synth-pop, it suited me quite nicely! The songs really catches you in so many levels, from the melody, to the amazing voice of Danny Elfman, one that I cannot stress enough, is amazing, and even from the lyrics! It is individual and has a lot of personality, something I think Halloween is all about, it ends up being a celebration of personality and individuality, and fancy creepy stuff, something you can also feel on the songs of the album, my personal favorite is Where Do All My Friends Go, but honestly, all the songs are amazing!!! I could not recommend this one enough, and if you guys have the interest, you can also look more about this very cool band! I'll definitely write more about it later on! And if you don't have Spotify, do not distress, for I have the Youtube link to it right here!

And this is it for today! Thank you so much for being here, dear reader, and reading this! What a week already! See you guys tomorrow so we can celebrate Halloween and say Goodbye to October together! Yahoo

Comments