Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

Album of the month! In which we talk about the Superb Christmas Record by Hannah Huston!

And here I am again! With the album of the month! But for the ones dropping by right now: hello to you! And welcome! Wonderful to have you here and I wish you the best!
So, going back to the album of the month, today I listened to the new christmas album by an artist I've been a fan and been following since 2016, Hannah Huston, that I first heard of on the 10th season of The Voice. It is simply SUPERB! I'll just go ahead and share the link to it right now and then talk about it, so you guys will have an idea of what I'm talking about...


First of all, the title of the album is really wonderful, and it delivers what it says: Believe in Christmas. Believe on this wonderful holiday, on the magic of it. After listening to the superb voice of Hannah, so hard to define because it is just so spetacular, please believe me, it is spetacular, it is hard not to believe in it. Featuring many known christmas songs, she brings her immense personality to it with blues, jazz, soul, that even evocates the name of another wonderful soul artist that I met on The Voice: Michael Sanchez. After listening to that, and knowing the similar background of Michael and that he also has work on Christmas, I wonder how spetacular it would be for them to have a song together, that would shatter earth, that is for sure! But coming back to Christmas and Hannah, this is indeed an album that caught my attention way too much, going beyond Christmas even, it's quality work for its diverse rhythms, for the hard to believe voice of Hannah, her great approach to classics of the season, truly some album that has the power of improving days. This is indeed quality work, and I couldn't recommend it enough for you guys! If you guys want, go give it a listen and I think there's a good chance you won't regret!
And for today this is it! Thank you so much for being here! Wish you the best and happy December for you!

Comments