Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

Picture of the week! In which we return to the flowers around the tree

Hello everyone!! Happy Monday to you and good afternoon as well! Yes! Today I don't have college so I'm being able to write a little earlier, which is something that makes me so happy! And it started to rain as well, and after how hot Sunday was, some good rain is so amazing! But I love rain so I'll take it everytime! Anyway, how are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope things are indeed going fine! Today is the start of a new week as we go deeper in November and approach Christmas, my favorite season of the year, and also Thanksgiving, a lovely holiday as well. I do hope you may have a good week, I think it might be a really nice one! We'll see it together, as we go through!
Today is Monday, like I said! In order to help me with my blog, I came with some more organized thematics in September and applied them in October, I brought the sketch of the week, and when I don't have anything in specific to write, on Mondays we have Picture of the week! It helps me a lot because it gives me a reason to write a post when I'm having some creative block, pushes me to write even when I don't have any subject I particularly want to talk, just writing and talking with you guys, and practicing too! Always good! Recently I went to the garden and found out something. But first...


Some week ago, I wrote the tale of the tree pictures, and this was the last one. In the space between the tree and the grass, there were flowers that died. The place was empty until I recently found it was with flowers again! I wondered if they were replanted or they grew by themselves on the seeds of whatever was left of the old plants that used to be there. Well, today we have the answer to my question!


The flowers were replanted! The original ones used to be white, these ones are colorful! Which is also lovely in a different but still very much valuable way! It would be cool to think the plants grew up again from the ashes, but it's also nice to know that the owner of the garden realized that place could use some flowers again and planted some in that empty place! It definitely looks like a garden filled with life again. Good call indeed! Not the original ones, but actually, this is even better, because now we know that these plants didn't come out of nowhere, they had to be put there first. I love flowers. It's crazy to think they only appeared on Earth on the Cretaceous Period, in the last part of the Dinosaur era. Earth spent billions of years before the first ones could appear, and in an extremely short space of time geologically, they made such an impact, and look around you, they're everywhere now, being embraced by us humans, because how could we not embrace them? They were designed to delight, it's their whole purpose. Humans are so much diverse, but animals and plants always come for their specific reasons. I'm taking this from the Still Alice movie, but like butterflies, many flowers only live up for some weeks at best and they die, but it's a beautiful life they have indeed. It makes the world more vibrant and at least makes me happy. I like taking pictures of flowers... 
This small monologue and this picture is what we have for today! But since Christmas month is so close, before I go I wanted to share a last picture with you guys, one of christmas decorations, a beautiful reminder of the amazing season we are about to enter!


A nice Christmas bear to you guys! Thank you so much for being here today! You are the very best! I'm so happy to have you here! See you guys on Wednesday, and again, thank yoou! Have a wonderful day and a wonderful week!

Comments