Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

Song of the week! In which we make a small homage to Keith Paluso

Before we begin, this post probably won't have any spoilers, but just in case:
CAUTION, SPOILERS MIGHT BE AHEAD

Hello to you, and happy Friday as well!! And also good evening and welcome to this post! I'm so happy to have you here and I'm so happy to be writing this post so you may read it! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope everything is going really fine! As for me, I'm so happy, because it rained!!! It rained a lot and the day was fresh and calm. I caught up on The Voice and even made some notations on the contestants and their performances, which was a wonderful thing to do! My lovely kitten slippers are fine and I love them, though I'm wearing more boring slippers because I don't want to screw up my kitten slippers, I might take a step back with them... actually, this gives me a nice idea for my Christmas gift! I could buy a slipper that is more versatile than my kitten ones, but still is beautiful and that still is something I'd feel happy wearing! Don't get me wrong, I'm not leaving my kitten slippers behind, I'd never do that, I'll just wear them less and give them more space to breathe so they can stay in my life for longer! Okay, too much about slippers, too little about music, let's move on.
As I said, today I watched the playoffs of season 15 of The Voice, which is one of my favorite shows ever, and since day one, a contestant in particular caught my attention and became my favorite through the season, and his name is Keith Paluso! I'll definitely do another post in the future about this fantastic artist, but he's really wonderful, sensitive and genuine, this is what I can properly say about him today.

Here's Keith, by the way
On the playoffs, Keith did something I'd consider extremely risky, he chose to perform Adele. If you know her, you'll understand her voice is a really hard voice to do justice on a cover, on a show like The Voice, if you make some mistake performing her, this can very well mean instant Goodbye to you. Not only that, but he chose to do Someone Like You, one of her most iconic songs. So you get it, Keith put his hands on the fire.
And the result is beautiful.
He completely nailed the song, rather than trying to match Adele, he made the song his own and did a wonderful job in it, delivering a mind blowing presentation, and one that solidified him as one of my musical idols. And in his homage and recognizing the immense work he did on this tough song, Someone Like You is the song of the week!


I'd honestly have preferred to highlight something more upbeat for song of the week, but Keith deserves this homage and this song is honestly for all moments, it's always there, following us. It's a song about love and loss, and the difficulty of letting go, and seeing someone you love moving on, while you have not. Adele is wonderful in the song, her voice is almost unreal and her and this song won't die. It's really as simple as that. Some songs take me texts to write about, this song is as simple as that, and it's as amazing and heartbreaking as it gets. Keith nailed it 100%, he understood this perfectly, and gave us a performance that moved me to tears, I could believe everything that was coming out of his mouth, if this is not art, I give up. This song was a major hit back in 2011-2013, but really when it starts, it moves everyone, and will keep on doing that. Don't worry about listening on good moments as well, I think this song is for every moment. It's beautiful.
And if you don't have Spotify, don't worry, I have the Youtube link to it right here, and I'll include Keith's performance too so you guys will know what I'm talking about.



And this incredible song is what we have for today! And these increadible artists as well! I'll definitely write more on Keith and Adele in the future, but for now this is it, thank you so so so much for being here, you're the very best, dear reader! See you tomorrow for another post!

Comments

Popular Posts