Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

Song of the week! In which we talk about the Ballad of Flemmingrad!

Hello everyone! Happy Friday to you and good afternoon as well! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope everything is fine for you! As for me, today is a calm day of Friday, things are hot as usual, but the ventilator is on, so I should be fine, I'm planning on writing a chapter on my story, maybe doing some sketches, maybe appreciate the christmas decoration around me one more time today, cause I love it, just trying to figure out what to do on this calm Friday, since I don't have class; I was supposed to go to class, actually, since there's this project I'm working on with a group partner, but he had some issues and couldn't go, so here I am, and happy to he here, writing this post and talking to you, dear reader!
And today is song of the week day! Yay!!! These week I was revisiting the very much underrated Frozen short movie on Christmas: Olaf's Frozen Adventure! One that I like immensely, and remembering my favorite songs of the short movie, one that I didn't have paid much attention before came to my attention! This one is the Ballad of Flemmingrad, sang by Kristoff, as he presented one of the trolls Christmas Traditions to the rest of the cast! A delightful song that make us remember how good Kristoff can sing, he is voiced by Jonathan Groff and his voice is blessed indeed! On the short movie, the song is not too big, but on the soundtrack album, we can see the whole piece, and it's indeed magnificent! And that is the song of the week that we have for today!
And, if you prefer the short version of it, I have the link for that one too!
And since we're already here, if you don't have Spotify, do not distress, for I have the Youtube link for both versions right here! Yay!!


Painting by Dmitry Levin
Truly a lovely song from a lovely short movie! The tradition of the trolls, as we'll find out, it's pretty weird, but a nice example on how different are the Christmas celebrations for everyone! I do think this time of the year is a party for everyone, in the tropics and in the artic likewise! One that I love very much and I'm so excited that is so close! I think with that, this makes a bridge between what's left of Halloween, the month of November, the already fading Fall season, December and the Christmas season! Something you can also see on Over The Garden Wall, a very special transition moment that doesn't even present itself that way. Well, anyway...
Thank you so much for being here, reading this post! Hope you may find the Balllad of Flemmingrad as lovely as I did! I appreciate you a lot and you're the very best! See you next time!

Comments