Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we talk about Arthur Christmas!

Hello everyone! Happy Monday to you! So nice to be writing this post and to see you here, dear reader! I won't say good morning because I don't know when I'll finish this post precisely, but anyway, how are you today, how are things going? As usual, I wish you a good day and hope things are really going well!
Wow, at the time I started writing this, how hot the weather is today! It's really like a steam sauna! They say this is a sign of rain, and I've seen some clouds in the sky, so this may happen because of how humid the climate is as well. Really, it bugs me, they say is better to be in a hot and dry place than a hot and humid place, this feels so weird! I think those both situations have it's advantages and shortcomings, as for me I don't think a drier place would make me like the hot weather any better, I prefer cold honestly, and I wish it was winter here, but anyway, I never really had a harsh winter, the only thing I know is the heat, I wish I could see snow one day, and have a white Christmas. I think snow is beautiful, even if one day I struggle with it, I don't think I'll change my mind on this, it is beautiful, there's beauty in every place, people who live in cold places dream of the tropical landscape. People who live in tropical places dream with conifers and true cold, it is natural. No matter where it is though, Christmas is beautiful, and I'm glad it is December!
So, today I'm talking about one of my favorite movies, not only of Christmas but also of Ever. I wanted to do a post on it even earlier on my blog, but I've been postponing it for this time of the year, I'm talking of Arthur Christmas!


This adorable fantasy on trying to explain "realistically" how Christmas is possible, at its full experience, and how Santa delivers his gifts worldwide, it's indeed deligthful! It's funny because the more realistic it tries to get, the more fantasious it becomes, as a lot of stories actually! In the north pole, on the Christmas family Headquarters, we discover a world of technology and elves to keep the magic of Christmas alive and well, a world that has been evolving since the first Santa, the legendary Saint Nicholas. That end of the year mad rush gains a new definition as we follow the operation to deliver christmas gifts in a supersonic speed, to all the good children of the world. In the middle of it all we meet Arthur, an idealistic teenager who loves Christmas more than anything and idolizes his father, the Santa Claus in charge when the movie takes place. Arthur is positive, friendly, anxious and has his heart on the right place, though he's really clumsy and no one, including his family, takes him seriously, often treating him in a patronizing way. Some are openly unkind to him. And this is how the movie goes, as a crisis strike, the methodical de facto head in charge of the headquarters try to convince a very old and tired Santa Claus that nothing really serious is going on, and the only person that realizes how bad the crisis is is Arthur, and his conviction on doing what is right, and his belief in Christmas season will make the movie turn on a real adventure, truly worth watching.
A movie that sounds silly at first sight, I confess I wouldn't have watch it, haven't the movie been on my recommended session for so long on Netflix. When I first gave it a try it wasn't even Christmas season, it was July of 2016, or around it. I grew fond of the poster of the movie and of the Artstyle of it, and decided to finally give it a try. Some stuff come to your life out of nowhere and change your existence for good, this is one of those cases, I loved the movie, it is fantastic, it is brilliant, it has become a must-watch for me on Christmas, but on every ocasion really. It is a beautiful and even powerful movie, one that I cannot recommend enough to you guys. I know, I love Christmas stuff, but I mean it, this movie is great, I am very passionate on this view.
I also feel deeply connected to Arthur, we're both Idealistic, we both love and believe in Christmas and our belief resist the cynics around us that tries to mock us and bring us down. We both are anxious and deeply concerned people, filled with fear, but we're also positive, in a world that can be unkind to us. Also, have you seen his sweaters and his slippers? You'll see if you watch the movie, and they're amazing, I love them so much, not only Arthur is a character I relate to, he's also an inspiration and one of my favorite characters ever. How I wish he was real. Let's give a cheer to wonderful Arthur


This movie is a safe bet for christmas, believe me please! I still have so much I want to talk on the movie, I'll definitely do more posts on it in the future! As for today, this is what we have, a small introduction to one of my favorite movies and to my favorite character! Truly superb. With that, I finally end the post of today, at 9PM. Being eaten alive by hungry mosquitoes, but happy to be on Christmas season!
Thank you so much for being here, you're the very best, and I wish you a wonderful night and I see you on another ocasion!
And may 100% of your Christmases be white

Comments

Popular Posts