Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In which we talk about the beauty of Christmas!

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday to you! And good beginning of Afternoon! And of course, merry Christmas and happy December!! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope things are fine with you indeed!
Today I just wanted to talk a little about how beautiful this time of the year is, so filled with decoration, nice memories, nice people, a perfect excuse to wish your friends well and check on them, so many christmas gifts, and nice food and all that! I was going to do art of the week but I decided to just have a more reflexive post and all that. Hope you don't mind, and anyway, I have a piece of art to share today indeed!


Lovely snow, it's something I love indeed, also why Christmas is great, it's the winter on the North. Okay, I live in Brazil, and in the Northeast of Brazil, living here is like living in an oven, it's heat and heat all year long, it's hell and it's a complete nightmare, but Christmas is no less beautiful here, Summer won't spoil anything for me, and for a lot of people I think, it's beautiful and lovely. 
I took a bit of a writing holiday after my story on Zach, I plan on writing a poem, if I am able to do so, but no pressure, and this is also why christmas is beautiful, a time to relax and don't be too hard on myself, the perfect way to close your year in good terms. Some people are not in a mood for festivities because their year was bad, but festivities are precisely for the bad moods, they heal, they're fantastic, and this is also why Christmas is beautiful. Christmas songs are superb, I'm always shouting on how much I love them, I can't help it! Gifts of Christmas are wonderful and they are filled with nice meanings no matter what the person has in mind while giving it or taking it. Some people whine about christmas being a "commercial" date like this is a problem, honestly there's a debate to be had on what they meant by it, but as for me, I don't see a problem at all on Christmas being "commercial", I love commerce, commerce is beautiful, and I'll say it loud and proud: I LOVE GIFTS. I LOVE BUYING STUFF, I LOVE THINGS, SHINING AND NEW, PRISTINE AND BEAUTIFUL. I love things, and I don't even think this is something to be ashamed of, honestly. If Christmas is a date to get new stuff then it's taylor made for me!
Christmas is a time for wonderful decoration as well, pinetrees, palmtrees with beautiful Christmas lightning, Christmas adorns on the tree, santa clauses everywhere, shining, jolly and generous. Sometimes they're faded, but still they bring happiness with them. It's a time to celebrate life, literally! I mean, the Christian meaning of Christmas is to celebrate the Birth of Jesus Christ, it's a birth, it's a celebration of life, it's light! Everything that comes with it, only compliments it! There're also many other celebrations that comes on this season, like Hannukah, the ancient roman Saturnalia, the ancient European celebrations, and I'm sure there must be many others I don't know, but would love to hear about, since I love a good celebration. All of those are really different from each other, but they have something in common if you ask me, they celebrate life, happiness, light, being alive and being human! It is a wonderful season, no matter what you celebrate. If you don't though, this is 100% fine, though I have to say, I wouldn't like this life. That is just me, but what's the alternative of being happy and just to get something new and just rejoice? Some people say life is meaningless, so whatever. I say BECAUSE life is meaningless, we have to enjoy every single second of it! On the best way we can! Okay, there's a debate to be had on whatever life is meaningless or not, honestly I don't think there's a problem on thinking so, that doesn't make you depressed or anything, this doesn't go against faith I think, though I don't follow any particular religion, it's always the way you face it. Well, anyway, that was a much more personal dialogue with myself, if you find something valuable on my words, I feel beyond honred, if you don't that is completely fine and I'm happy you are here anyway. For me, Christmas is beautiful and it matters. 
I wish you a Very Merry Christmas, whatever you celebrate, whoever you are, you're the very best. And I see you next time.

Comments