Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we talk about the Christmas house and the Korean cat!

Hello everyone!! Happy Saturday to you!! And good evening!!! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope your day is going really fine! As for me, wow, today was such a busy day! You have no idea! I was struck by a lightining of creativity today and managed to finish the story I was working on TODAY! YES!!! I wrote on it for the whole morning, afternoon, and beginning of the night, and I FINISHED IT! I feel so acomplished! And what's more, I revised it, and overall things are in place! No too weird plot, not character acting as they shouldn't act, really straightforward. I'm so happy! It made me too exhausted though, and I'm feeling like "I'm never writing a story again, ever. EVER!" Only the future will tell if that's the case, but honestly, I think this is not true, I'll probably just forget how painful it is and I'll start another one, and I'll even read this story in the future and will be "Gee, I could've have done so much better", but for now I'll just let myself get drunk in joy! I made it guys!
And to celebrate it, I have a christmas picture to show to you guys, and also a nice piece of art! It's amazing, let's jump into it!


Here we have a christmas house sinking into a sea of red Ixoras! As I told you guys before, I love Ixoras, amazing flowers. And I love Christmas, and this house is so fantastic, just look how lovely it is! I wish I had a house like that! Honestly, I should make a sketch on that in the future! It's being so hot here these days, but this is much to the amusement of these flowers, they can't stand too low temperatures, and just imagine how they would react to snow! I dream of snow, but those flowers like things as it is, and you can tell by how big they are! Everywhere too! Well, guess it's just Christmas in the tropics!
And on our train of thought, like I said, I have another thing I need to show to you guys! Not too much related to christmas, but still lovely, check this korean piece of art! Called Cat with Bird by the artist of the Joseon Dynasty Byeon Sang-byeok!


I loved how this artist is talented on depicting the details on the fur of the cat, and just the details in general! This looks amazingly realistic and truly enchanting! I just really wanted to share this piece of art with you guys! Though this scene is rather violent, as the cat is caught his bird, which will soon be his dinner, it is also beautiful as well! Cats are really good at chasing animals, it's impressive. I love cats, even on more raw activities like chasing food, he does it so nicely we even call it cute! And also just a little bit on this really great artist! He lived as the 18th century went by on Korea, and was so fond of cats that he was known as Byeong Goyang (Byeong Cat). He really nailed retracting animals, and specially cats, and all his figures were filled with personality and life, thinking about it, he kind of remembers me of Louis Wain, another artist I like. What can I say, I love art, I love cats, you mix them both together what on earth could go wrong?
And this is it for today! Thank you so much for reading and being here! You are the very best! I'm a bit tired but I'll rest, and I see you guys next week!

Comments

Popular Posts