Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In which we talk about the Santas underneath the Christmas tree

Hello everyone! Happy Monday to you!! Good evening as well! How was your day? How are things going? As usual, I wish you the best, on this week of December that is starting, and on amazing Christmas season!! Hope the weather where you are is fine and well. I'm kind on the college limbo now, not 100% on vacation, but not having classes either. Tomorrow I'll go there to see a class, and I'll have a test later on, but overall most of my time is free, so I'm enjoying Christmas season and all of that. Lovely time! It rained today, which became a rare thing these days, and the climate was fresh and I could wear socks, lovely indeed! Of course, it's not snow, but it's not that terrible heat of the other days as well, which is amazing!
And for today, I was supposed to do a poem at live, like that story I did a while ago, of the cats, one I developed while writing the post, but I had a dinner in family - PIZZA TIME - and waiting for our order I wrote the small piece. It won't be now the time I'll do it, but there's still a poem coming. And today is usually picture of the week day, so I'll share some more Christmas decoration, and this one related to the poem I wrote! Let's Jump into it! Yahoo!


I laid down by the Christmas tree
From above the shining lights I see
The decoration sparkle in the dark

I am surrounded by a multitude of Santas and animals in red and green
Creatures from past Christmases and the present one even
Mixing themselves they are as the heavy smell fills the room
Bought on the last decade, this one, and others yet to be seen

Faithful beings yet filled with individuality
Every season they come and bring every memory
This time and from time going way back the mind can reach
Santa Clauses are beautiful, every single each

I am by the Christmas tree
The presents carry me
Santa Clauses from time immemorial
Each year they come, as certain as the seasons of the sea

Some lack their hands
Poor soul, lost his bycicle
The lights are not there

It snows and yet fungus can be traced
Poor beings lock on the basement they are
Yet happiness is there, naturally protected by their presence

I am laid down by the Christmas tree
This is my place, my moment, it belongs to me
The Christmas lights in the dark, shining, I see

I am laid donw by the Christmas tree
Wind in my hair, I breathe, suddenly in a garden I am
Decoration sparkles in the dark 
I am carried away like a in a sleigh, floating in the sky, winds in the sea
I want to be here, by the Christmas tree

----

This poem on my love of Christmas, an homage to the Santa Clauses of my grandma, that are so old, some are so broken, and yet they come and they make me happy,  and also inspired by one of the most iconic scenes of Grey's Anatomy, when George, Izzie and Meredith laid themselves down on the Christmas tree Izzie assembled, on a very tender friendship moment, so fitting with this time of the year.


A wonderful night to you, dear reader, thank you so much for being here, you're the very best! See you next time!

Comments