Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

Sketch of the week! In which we talk about the trees with snow!

Hello to you! Happy December and Christmas season! And also good evening and welcome to the post of today! Lovely to see you, dear reader, and amazing to be here, writing this post! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope everything is really fine! As for me, I'm happy to be here! Classes are soon coming to a close and I'm so happy it is Christmas time! I can feel the healing effects of Christmas season well, and they're amazing. It's been too hot here lately thoughm what a dry year, what a really strong summer! Really, this makes me dream of Snow and winter way more than I should, specially because I say I love cold all the time, but I'm wearing my sweater when it's like 22 Celsius, that's the curse of living in a tropical place, you cannot stand the heat, but you die on the cold as well. Lovely month of December, so many colors and decoration, truly splendid!
Today is sketch of the week day, yahoo! And I made a really experimental sketch recently, I wanted to make it snow on my imaginary forests, I wanted to make trees covered by snow, it was really hard, but I plan on doing a lot more snowy sketches for this christmas season! Anyway, for today, the experimental trees with snow is what I have to show to you, lovely people!


So this is my very experimental Christmas trees, covered with lots of snow, in a very snowy place, where the ground is frozen and the wind blows strong and really cold. It is not fall season anymore, we're definitely on Winter! I mostly decided to mix Green, Gray and some shade of blue together in this different sketch for me, and maybe a prologue for more weather and snow in the future. One of the trees got a bit messed up, but not all the trees have to be standard right? In nature, things are not perfect, this is definitely the case for this small tree. I'm using a different kind of paper as well!
Just another homage to my favorite season! And I also made some imaginative red details on the trees, I thought it would go well with everything! Maybe it's so hot in here this time of the year, it makes you dream about snow indeed, you can't even wear socks anymore because it's too hot! In comparison, I miss the winter of this year, though it was a very dry one... Well, anyway, it's lovely one way or another!
So, this small sketch is what I have to offer to you today, on this really hot December night! Hope you're really having a good day and things are amazing for you. Thank you so much for reading this, you're the very best, and I see you guys on the next post! Yay!!

Comments