Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

Song of the Week!! In Which we have more Christmas songs!

Hello to you! Merry Christmas and Happy Friday!! And a good evening!! How are you today and how are things going? I wish you the best, as usual, and hope things are going fine! Christmas season is still going, though fading for many as we go in the direction of 2019... There's the unknown ahead of us, I don't think it about it too much right now, but it is coming... I don't know what I'll do next year, we'll just have to wait and see what it bring us and what we'll do as well... Anyway, as for me, I'm still celebrating Christmas, of course, and saving 2019 for the actual 2019! I have a new year song in mind, but I'll save it for when we're more next to the New Year, for now, let us keep on the Christmas ones! Yahoo!!
Sorry for taking so long to do the post of today, I get a bit of a busy day, and then I forgot about the post, which is awful, but I'm making up to it, I'm writing about the song of the week! Yay! And that will be Do You Hear What I Hear!


 A song also present briefly on the A Very Murray Christmas Netflix special, this version sang beautifully by Bing Crosby! It was turned into a wonderful rhythimic almost Waltz like song, truly enjoyable! It's not a really popular Christmas Carol, but it's really one of my favorites! It was also written in a very critical time, during the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1961 (I believe), a plea for peace for mankind in a moment peace was threatened. It indeed carries a wonderful message that serves not only for Christmas, but for all year and all seasons! As the Crisis of 1961 is gone, but of course many more happened before and after it, and will keep on happening. Because they will keep on happening, for that's the fate of mankind, wee really should strive for peace and happiness and understanding. Is it naive to think that way? Maybe so, there's no perfect realitiy and never such thing will exist, but just one single individual step towards more of that is a wonderful thing! I say mankind in a more figurative way, mankind is a fancy world for a huge group of individuals, billions of personal universes, that many times have nothing to do with each other, and may have every reason to misunderstanding and agression. So, when the opposite of this happens, by personal choice and a very conscient one, this is a huge step for a more peaceful surrounding! Well, this is what I think Christmas represents also. It is a beautiful song, very profound one, if you want to, I definitely recommend it to you, dear reader, and feel free to disagree with me entirely and honestly you might detest the song or don't care for it, this is absolutely fine. Actually, I'll probably read what I said here and be like "oh Gosh I don't think that is", but well, this is one of the most important actual rules of the blog: as little correction as possible. Just write what's on your mind. So when I see that at least one person reads a post, wow, it blows my mind into a million pieces, Thank you so so so so much, honestly. Thank you.
And if you don't have Spotify, please do not distress, as I have the Youtube link to it right here!

Like I said, thank you so much for reading this, you are the very best, and I wish you a wonderful night! See you next time!

Comments

Popular Posts