Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

Song of the week! In which we talk about The Good King Wenceslas!

Good Afternoon everyone!! Happy Friday to you and Happy Christmas season and December!! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope you're having a good day today! As for me, I just came back from the mall, I got some socks and croc special slippers as one of my christmas gifts! I went to do some research concerning what to get, and I found out that I had enough color pencils with me, my drawing materials are fine enough for now, I'm in not desperate need of clothes and didn't find any nice enough one to get, so I found myself with money to spare on myself on a personal celebration of Christmas but what to get? So I ended up getting the slippers and the socks, and I'm so happy! The slippers will take sometime to adjust to my chubby feet, and for now my small thingers are struggling a little, but I think it will be even more comfortable soon! Of course I'll never stop using my beloved kitten slippers, BUT I just want to have another option on using it! It's always healthy and it makes me happy, and so I slowly but steadily am building a nice wardrobe with pieces I love and care about.
And talking about Christmas, today is song of the week day! And I chose one of my favorite Christmas ones to highlight to you guys! One that is often overlooked! The small but moving story of the Good King Wenceslas!


This nice Christmas Carol talks about a king that saw a humble peasant collecting wood to warm his family on the long harsh winter. Wanting to give food and beverage to the man, the king went on the very strong winter night with his page. The journey was hard for the poor page, but the king told him to follow his footsteps closely and he'd be fine. In the end, the page and the king got into their destination and helped providing the man with gifts on the holiday season.
It's indeed a lovely song, aand what's interesting, there was an actual King Wenceslas! Actually he was the Duke of Bohemia, a region in Central Europe, until he was assassinated, a loooong time ago. Eventually he'd receive homages to the point of becoming a venerated figure in the region till this day! I'm not sure if the tale narrated in the song actually happened, but he's called Wenceslas, the good, so who knows? Well, I think this carol, composed on the 19th century, is really delightful and it suits the nice season so well! If you don't have Spotify, don't worry, I have the Youtube version of it right here with me!

And this wonderful Christmas song is what we have for today! I thought about having another post today on a christmas album, but I decided I'll do this later on, probably. It is so crazy the actual Christmas date is so close! I hope it may be a nice celebration, and a nice day for everyone, whatever what you celebrate, if you celebrate anything this season at all, if you don't that is 100% fine as well, I wish you the best anyway. See you guys soon!

Comments