Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

Song of the week! In which we talk about The Good King Wenceslas!

Good Afternoon everyone!! Happy Friday to you and Happy Christmas season and December!! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope you're having a good day today! As for me, I just came back from the mall, I got some socks and croc special slippers as one of my christmas gifts! I went to do some research concerning what to get, and I found out that I had enough color pencils with me, my drawing materials are fine enough for now, I'm in not desperate need of clothes and didn't find any nice enough one to get, so I found myself with money to spare on myself on a personal celebration of Christmas but what to get? So I ended up getting the slippers and the socks, and I'm so happy! The slippers will take sometime to adjust to my chubby feet, and for now my small thingers are struggling a little, but I think it will be even more comfortable soon! Of course I'll never stop using my beloved kitten slippers, BUT I just want to have another option on using it! It's always healthy and it makes me happy, and so I slowly but steadily am building a nice wardrobe with pieces I love and care about.
And talking about Christmas, today is song of the week day! And I chose one of my favorite Christmas ones to highlight to you guys! One that is often overlooked! The small but moving story of the Good King Wenceslas!


This nice Christmas Carol talks about a king that saw a humble peasant collecting wood to warm his family on the long harsh winter. Wanting to give food and beverage to the man, the king went on the very strong winter night with his page. The journey was hard for the poor page, but the king told him to follow his footsteps closely and he'd be fine. In the end, the page and the king got into their destination and helped providing the man with gifts on the holiday season.
It's indeed a lovely song, aand what's interesting, there was an actual King Wenceslas! Actually he was the Duke of Bohemia, a region in Central Europe, until he was assassinated, a loooong time ago. Eventually he'd receive homages to the point of becoming a venerated figure in the region till this day! I'm not sure if the tale narrated in the song actually happened, but he's called Wenceslas, the good, so who knows? Well, I think this carol, composed on the 19th century, is really delightful and it suits the nice season so well! If you don't have Spotify, don't worry, I have the Youtube version of it right here with me!

And this wonderful Christmas song is what we have for today! I thought about having another post today on a christmas album, but I decided I'll do this later on, probably. It is so crazy the actual Christmas date is so close! I hope it may be a nice celebration, and a nice day for everyone, whatever what you celebrate, if you celebrate anything this season at all, if you don't that is 100% fine as well, I wish you the best anyway. See you guys soon!

Comments

Popular Posts