Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which I share a story I wrote a year ago! Part 1

Hello everyone!! Happy Saturday to you and good Afternoon!! It's the end of the afternoon here, on this slow Saturday of January, day 12! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope things are fine with you! Here the temperature is Summer-y, all the electric fans working and the air conditioners as well, unfortunately no socks on my feet, and they're still sweating, and lots and LOTS of mosquitoes, I wish it was Winter here, but anyway, maybe it will rain soon so the temperature can be more fresh! Anyway, today I will do something that's really special for me! I will share with you guys a story I did on the beginning of last year, based on a much crazy dream that I had, and also in other ideas I had in my head back then. Now, it is going to be a bit huge, as it has 10 pages on World, which means we'll probably have a special week that will start today, so maybe we'll be out of sketches/pictures of the week for a while, if I don't manage to get them on the story. Also, the story was written in portuguese, and has names that I'd rather not share here, like for example the name of the town the story starts, I'm really not keen on sharing locations online, so I'll make some small changes to it, but hopefully nothing too big. Well, anyway, the first half of it comes right now, let's jump to it! Yahoo!!!


By Daniel M., the Author.
One day I went to visit the beach house of my grandparents, that was located on a kind of of old small town. The sand of the beach there was really moist and the water was so calm you could sleep on the shore and there would be no too strong wave to bother you. And talking about the sand of there, how good it was to build sandcastles with it! I don't think if matters if you have 7 or 70 years old, if you like to build sandcastles, that place is the one to be at! Carefully, you can very well edify cities with towers reaching 1,70 meters high, and the material can take the pressure, and it can even resist water a bit, well, it can resist better than the towers built in other beaches with worse sand. I unfortunately extended myself too much talking about sand, that is not the point of this conversation!! So let's restart this.
I went to visit that beach house, a two floor residence and a pool naturally heated by the sun because of its location. The color theme of the place was white and yellow. It was enhanced with a strong concrete structure, the walls were solid and thick, with a cold floor, that always looked clean, however too slippery. The house also had a couple of very unpleasant baths, I guess to balance any positive feature that place could have. Believe me, it is important to save all this information, that you might be thinking to be unecessary and trivial, as the story is also about this. It was my tradition to travel to this place every January and even February, and sometimes in March/April, for the Carnival and also for the Easter Season. Well, now recently, something quite remarkable happened in this otherwise very calm place, it is indeed even shocking, I should indeed tell what proceeded.
(...)

And this is the first part of my Story! I hope you liked it! It was really funny translating it and putting it here! The next part should be coming this Monday, hopefully! Thank you so much for being here, you are the very best and you know it!! I'm so excited in fact, I was going to write more, but I decided the best way to share the text is through small parts. See you guys on the next post!!

Comments

Popular Posts