Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In which we have the story of the Ghost Kitten!

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday to you!! And good afternoon! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope you are fine! As for me, today is being better than yesterday! It is still very hot, but I'm by the electric fan for as much as I can, so I'm managing, this heat though, it is not great... I definitely don't like it, wish it was fresher, and that I had more electric fans! But anyway, I do have to enjoy my last moments of vacation, so let's keep on going! I managed to finish coloring an image on my coloring book today, but my artistic block is still on going, which is not wonderful, but hopefully I will be making more soon, and things will be better! 
Today I wanted to narrate a thing of my recent daily life like a small story! I had this idea on my head and I'm a bit excited about it! I don't know how well I will succeed on doing a story, as I'm on an artistic block, and it's really hot here, which interferes on my life in general, but let's try! This is going to be my second story did "at live", so let's jump to it!


THE GHOST KITTEN

By Daniel Monteiro

There was a kitten in the backyard, I heard him, as I was by the kitchen, having my night meal. I could see him by the window, the sky was dark and most lights were off, but still, he was there. Alert, suspicious, shrunken. Even alert as he was, I could hear the creature meowing, constantly, in an insistent way. I loved cats, they were wonderful creatures, I always thought that way, many people are unfair to them as well, which is sad. I was moved to see the kitten adventuring himself on a different place than he was used to, why was he meowing? Was he hungry? Thirsty? Just to caught my attention maybe? Did he have an owner? Many cats like to walk around in the neighborhood, some peacefully, returning to the house of their owners with no futher issue later, some can get into fights, some can hurt themselves, still they walk around, not many owners like their pets wandering around, I wouldn't love the idea, personally, but still, the cat was there, and I wondered if he had a worried owner. 
I was curious to see him, so I left the kitchen, in my pajamas, as I was getting ready to retreat to my bedroom, and in to the backyard I went. It is a nice place, the backyard, that place didn't have many plants, the floor was made of concrete and some placks of stones used to encase the dirt bellow. But it was nice, comfortable, the plants existing there were nice, were growing, were green. It was like a really small and rudimentar boulevard, still lovely in its own way. I was there in the backyard, but the kitten was not there. He had vanished. I could still hear some meowing, but the kitten was not there anymore. I returned to the kitchen, so I could finish my meal properly.
And I heard him louder again, was him there at the backyard again? Yes, he was, there he was! Now I was gonna get close to him! I was more decided, I walked by the door, I was stepping carefully, but when I could see, he was not there, yet again. Was it something of my head? Oh heavens... Back to my meal.
And the kitten was meowing again! What is going on? Why so shy, oh Kitten? I think he was hungry, he must be hungry. Poor thing. I grabbed a piece of chicken in the freezer, and a small bottle of water to him. I heard somewhere that if you want a cat to get closer to you, you have to present yourself as the giver of food. I also heard that feeding stray cats or any animal for that matter was not a good practice, as this would provide bad incentives for the creature, that would keep returning. Well, I only thought of that later, at that moment, I just left the food in the backyward, and returned to the kitchen. When I left the food, the cat was not there, but when I returned I could hear some meows, that ceased after a short time. I observed the cat from the window. He was pale, his fur was somewhat big, and his eyes were pink. He could see me, but he didn't bother, maybe he thought with that wall between the kitchen and the backyard, he was safe from me. Smart little living being, but stupid as well, as I would never hurt anything. Well, how could he know?
When the kitten was eating, I did a last try, I slowly walked towards him. He was too entertained in the food though, so he didn't mind. I walked and walked, but he kept on eating. I did something I wanted to do finally then. I sat by him. He kept on eating. I finally made it, I petted him a bit, and wondered about his life.
I was wondering, and when I came back to my senses, the cat was not by my side anymore, he had vanished again. The food was cold and untouched, not a single bite to be found. How cold that night was, I could feel some soft mist around me. The cat was gone, and he didn't even touched the food! Something extremely weird was going on. As I was walking back to the house, I could see a creature moving in the mist, shady and poorly defined. He looked at me and meowed, and moved away, disappearing at some point. 
The sky was beautiful, and I wondered why I wasn't too scared of this whole episode. Was that creature even real? Where did he come from? Why this house? Why now?
I wonder if I will ever answer this questions, and I wonder if he will return and I wonder about his life. My meal is cold now, I lost my apetite. I think it's time to go to bed.
...

And this small story is what we have for today! As my vacations come to an end, this freshness sounds like fading and  the future sounds uncertain, there's a kitten on the backyward, but is he real? There's a kitten on the backyard, meowing in the mist. Indeed odd, but so it goes. Hope you liked my small story, and thank you so so much for being here, you are the very best and I'm very grateful to see you here reading my words. As this post ends, see you guys next time!

Comments