Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

Song of the Week! In Which we have a more thoughtful song

Hello everyone! Happy Friday to you! And good afternoon! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope things are fine! How is the weather where you are? Here it's really a hot summer day, I'm embracing icebags and the air conditioner, still not enough! I managed to do some sketches! Yay!!! Maybe I'll do some more tomorrow! Even if I still don't have much ideas and don't want to do something different, it's nice to just draw, overthinking kills everything, it's good for almost nothing! I'm gonna have night classes today, not much homework this weekend, so that's nice! And today is song of the week day, and we have one that I found really interesting lyrically and just in general! By my online friend Luke Dimond aka Duke Limond, here we have Cold Hands!



I found the painting The Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog by Caspar David Friederich to be quite fitting to the atmosphere and the message of this introspective song that talks about the way one handles the subtle struggles of life in a way that doesn't always end with the best outcome possible, in a soft and intriguing way, the song is very enigmatic, speaking of learning to live with darkness, dealing with loneliness and how one can end up more insensitive and resilient to emotional drama as a result of any experience of sequence of those. It's a song that looks inside the soul in a way that should not be underestimated, and one I do like a lot, that captured my attention since the begining! Well, at least this is my take on this song, like I said, it's very enigmatic, or at least I find it so! Luke is a wonderful producer and extremely talented artist, also a wonderful online friend. I do think the painting fits the song and his work in general, as he has a power of going deep in the soul and facing the unkown with the head held high. This is what we have for today on the Divagation Store! Thank you so much for reading, and you are the very best and you know it! Luke released some songs with Cold Hands a while ago this year, they're equally great and I definitely will talk about them in the future! And if you have interest in finding more about Duke you can follow him on Twitter/Instagram at @lukedimond! And he also has a more musical account at @fostersongs, both on Twitter and Instagram! He also has a website here! He was one of the best artists I discovered in 2018 and I definitely recommend on checking on him!
And this is it for today! See you all next post! Yahoo! Wish you a wonderful day and a happy Weekend!

Comments