Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have many years in a week: Morning in Brazil, too?

Good morning, most kind and dear friend, reader of this present post, too! How are you? This is a post I have been trying to write since this Tuesday or so... and it has been quite hard to think on what to develop into a more substancial thought. There is a lot that I would like to talk, and I was terrified of starting a post, only to delete it and leave it at that, it happened time and again, and it destroys me for the moment. I don't know why such a strong repulsion against starting a thought and not knowing how to end, not finding a good way to conclude. Perhaps it is fear of fatigue. Or of being mistreated. But I do have an ongoing trend that I perceive, I really, really wanted to mention it. I did start the year a bit annoyed with the 2016 nostalgia, and on that line, I said that it was more of a 1989 year than 2016. I said it due to the capture of Maduro, the (ongoing) second Iranian Revolution and war, the immense losses the left suffered across latin America, that brought s...

Song of the week! In which we have a throwback song with Katy Perry!

Hello everyone! Happy Friday to you! And happy February as well! Yay! A new month on the horizon, this sounds great! What is waiting for us? I personally have no idea! One step at a time we shall go into it though, and things may be fine! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best, and hope you are fine! How is the weather where you are? On my end, things are hot. Sometimes it rains, sometimes the sun cooks everything on it's radio, but overall it is really hot, thank Goodness electric fans exist! I still have a slide to do for College, I decided that I'm going ahead and picking this building for my small work, let's see how I'm going to put it together, but this is for later! For now we have the song of the week! And as I was listening to some new and old songs, I decided to give a shoutout to one of my favorites by Katy Perry! Also the name of her 1st (or 2nd, there's that Gospel one that didn't go nowhere) album: ONE OF THE BOYS!




This song is very much what Katy Perry was at the beginning of her career: youthful, funny and in your face, three things I'm crazy about Katy, not only then but also now, though some of those elements seem lost now in some level. As we go through this amazing track, we find a girl wanting to be herself but also wanting to say to her crush she wants to be more than just his "bud", no matter how her personality is, she still wants to make out with him, I just love it, just the whole rhythm and freshness of it! This whole album is amazing, actually, one of my favorites by Katy! Seems a bit faded now, which is tragic, though some of the most massive hits of it like Hot n Cold and I Kissed a Girl will absolutely never die! These are for the 2000's in my opinion what Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Like A Virgin were for the 80's! These are not my favorite songs of the album, but these are the most successful! Anyway, though One of the Boys fade, I think it deserves to be our song of the week for its clever ironic lyrics, and it's lust for life! And if you don't have Spotify, don't cancel your party, as I have the Youtube link to it right here as well!


And this is what we have for today! Hope you guys may enjoy the song, and thank you so so much for being here, you are the very best!! See you next time! Yahoo!

Comments