Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

Album of the Month! In which we have a Funky musical party with Charlie Puth!

Hello everyone!! Happy Friday to you and good afternoon! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope everything is well! How is the weather where you are? Here it's like it never rained at all, the sun is back in all its glory and melting everything away, I'm here using the air conditioner, something I'm not supposed to but well, I think the costs are worth it, I'm thinking I must update myself on The Voice, the new episodes are up, and I also need to update myself in my series... I am so happy to be here today writing for you! As I saw the calendar, I realized March is coming to an end, bringing April on! That was unexpected! So here it comes the time for an album of the month! We didn't have an album of the month in February, and I will compensate that by bringing an album by one of my favorite artists! Here we have Charlie Puth with is 2018 album Voicenotes!



Coming after his chart success but failure in the critics 9 Track Mind (one that I do like a lot), his first album, and one that doesn't bring him much good memories, Charlie went to a different path in Voicenotes! This is at the point where I'm already a fan, I followed this album, like many others, from the beggining! From the release of the first single of it, Attention, way before anyone could have known an album was coming, on April of 2017, a huge musical month for me! I remember the release of the second hit of the album, How Long in October/November of 2017, when I was a mad fan of Charlie, and I remembered listening to the song before my class could start, we already knew an album was coming and it was coming fast, scheduled to January 2018. How Long and Attention are great songs I think, pop songs with a strong footprint of Disco, R&B and Funk, truly for every moment, party or alone time. The album got delayed, being released only in May 2018, much to the disappointment of the fans, I remember my reaction, I was honestly so sad! But other singles came! Some were good, like Done For Me, some were very touching, like If you Leave me Now, and some are forgettable, like Change, and even The Way I Am, and finally, in May 2018, on a hard moment of my life, Voicenotes came, and was soon put aside, by my depression. I listened to it a lot in May, but not much after that, I also lost much of my enthusiasm for Charlie, and also for other artists I was into back then, and soon I'd find myself gravitating towards another musical path going forward. After the hard part of it went through, I found myself still a fan of Charlie, but more of a passive fan, I hardly listen to him, though he is a huge huge voice and I always get excited to hear about him. Like I said, he is one of my favorite artists, and I still think Voicenotes was one of the best things musically of 2018, it is amazing, songs like Boy and Empty Cups are not to be forgotten, and the moving ballad Through It All, though a bit presumptuous, still is one worth listening to! Even the forgettable songs as I mentioned blend well together. I think it's an amazing musical experience that is much worth having! 
One fun fact about the album is that the whole aesthetic of it changed as we went through, going to something Black n White in the beginning, to something more colorful and vintage, as we see now in the final cover of it.
And this is it for today! Our lovely Char brings March to an end! Thank you so much for being here reaading this, you are the very best! See you all next time!

Comments

Popular Posts