Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we have the Part Four of A Journey to Home!

Hello everyone! Happy Friday to you! Good afternoon! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and I hope you are doing well! How is the weather where you are? It's being a summer day here, hot and wet, but with no rain in sign, and as hot as a microwave in maximum potential, which is lovely, of course, it's not like I need a more fresh weather or whatever (PLEASE SEND ME COLD IF YOU HAVE SOME), anyway, I'm going to have a longer weekend, as it's carnival season, pretty cool right? I still have stuff to do for college, which concerns me since I'm not looking forward to do college stuff during carnival season, though I might have to do it... The good thing is that I think I got this, maybe it will be fine, moving on, resting time is always nice, and since I will probably travel to the beach, that means SANDCASTLESSSSSS, YEEES! But moving on, we should return to our story, so let's jump to it!! This is going to be the longest part, but hang on to it and I hope you like it!


(...)
"For the last time, young man, calm down! Tell me what you're doing here!"
Wirt tried to calm down but he couldn't, he didn't give in to fear completely, but he was considering doing so. Hannah, though on a similar position, had to interfere and stand up for the boy.
"Sir, have patience with us! We are lost! We saw you on the 15th street aparently living in a house there! In a place that was supposed to be the place of the grandparents of this young sir!"
"Excuse me! I don't understand, what was I doing on 15th street? This makes no sense!"
"Precisely! Have patience with us! You said... or... ah! Someone said the grandparents of the boy were living in Orangehill district now!"
"Did he say they were living in my place, I presume?"
"Of course not, you said they moved here! This is why we are here! Even if this is not the proper place, it doesn't make any sense!"
"It does not! Tell me what am I supposed to do? I open the door to complete strangers telling a mad story and now looking for answers? What should I do next, invite you in and ask if you want Cookies and Tea?"
"They may not want it but I might use a cookie or two" Said a gentleman who suddenly materialize behind Hannah and Wirt, he was tired, dizzy and they could feel exhaustion on his voice, the one you feel after you run a marathon, Wirt and Hannah jumped in fear and surprise when they heard the voice of the man.
"GAH! WHO ARE YOU? WHAT SHALL HAPPEN NEXT?" Said a completely exasperated Wirt.
"No need to panic... I think... we shall come in for a moment, I need to tell you all what is going on..."
"OH FINALLY SOME EXPLANATION"
"No need to screen young man... Now, kind sir, if you don't mind, would you be kind and invite us in?"
Exhausted, the man did just that, letting the gentleman, Hannah and Wirt to come in. They sat on the couch, and the man soon brought some crackers and hot strawberrie tea.
"Now, can you please explain me what is going on?"
"I can... First of all, greetings, my Name is Geoffrey Ezra, you can call me Geoff, I am the builder of worlds. And you must be..."
"Wirt Woods..."
"Yes... and you are... No need to tell me your last name"
"Hannah"
Geoffrey was exhausted, but he kept on talking firmly as he had the answers for their aflictions.
"I am the builder of worlds, I won't enter in details, but I live... someplace else... a gated community, inspired in the ones of my lovely Britain..."
"Are you british, Geoff?"
"I am... but I am not living there currently... Anyway, something went wrong there recently, and this ended up affecting your city, things are missing here, people are appearing where I live coming from this region, they should not be there, I had to clean up all this mess, I am getting there, but it has being tough"
"I am not getting it... something went wrong where you live and then we suffer? How does this work, mister?" Said Hannah, confused.
"The point is, I am here to help, and doing so we will accelerate the recovery of your world, it is going to be risky, but we must do it, and fast."
"Do what? What are you talking about?"
"We must bring Wirt back to the college, when he comes back there, things will be normal, and you won't even remembered this mess has ever happened, believe me. This I know."
"Excuse me, but I don't trust you Geoff, I can't, you're giving us half the story, you come out of nowhere, how can we trust you?"
"Well, Miss, I don't think you have much choice, do you? Or you have a way to fix this mess? Or you even know a mess is happening in the first place? Trust me. Please pardon my strong words, but I am exhausted and I just want to go to my house and rest, help me out here."
"Hmm"
"So what we will do is bring me back to college.. and the world will come back to normal?"
"Mostly, yes. Still will have to solve some stuff, but mostly things will be normal, and you won't even remember what happened! But we must go now, and we must prepare, things will get weirder as we approach the place where Wirt is supposed to be..."
After finishing eating the crackers and drinking the tea rather fast, they thanked the confused man which was living in the building and rushed to the ground, Hannah was going in the direction of her car but Geoff said:
"Your car has no power enough to do the task, we shall go in mine"
"Wait, how about my car, Geoff? Am I supposed to leave it here?!"
"When we arrive there you will get your car back, believe me, but we shall rush to the college!"
They went to the car and Geoff drove in an insane velocity, much to the distaste of Wirt.
"Must we go this fast?"
"Yes if we want to reach there safe and sound!"
"LOOK OUT" 
Geoff had to dodge out as cars and people reappeared in the street, and disappeared again.
"How do you know where are we going Geoff?" Said Hannah, still recovering from screaming so loudly
"Believe me, I know, but keep me updated, Hannah"
Wirt's face was green, not because he was sick, he was actually green, and then gray, and then brown, and then pink, the whole world looked like a mad printer running out of ink, kept changing the colors of everything at random. Hannah was not surprised at anything anymore, and Geoff rushed and dodged as even planes started to fall from the sky, and then coming up.
"We must go faster! The world is completely distorted! Grab to your seat!"
Geoff drove so fast with his car none could open their eyes, the landscape outside was completely upside down, but they couldn't tell the difference, as the car was going too fast for they to know for sure. After a while of this, they reached the college, the car almost got hit by other car, but Geoff managed to dodge that as well.
"WIRT, GET OUT OF THE CAR, GO, NOW!"
With difficulty, as the earth crumbled, Wirt got out of the car and ran to the reception of the building, he tried his best not to fall down. When he reached the reception, everything went blank.
...
Wirt just left college, it was just another day to him, even though he felt a bit of a headache. He ordered an Uber and it arrived to drive him home. Hannah was the name of the driver, a middle aged woman with a tired face, who also was exhausted for some reason she couldn't remember. Her day was going fine though, Wirt was kind to her and she was a good professional to Wirt, driving him home comfortably and safely. When Wirt arrived home, he payed the driver and said goodbye. He was strangely happy for arriving home. Going inside, he putted his backpack on the coat rack by the door and sat on the couch wandering what to do now...

THE END.


And this is it for our story, featuring Wirt, Hannah, and a recurring character, Geoffrey Ezra! He is also seen in a previous story I posted here in January! If you want to check more on him you can look for the story on the blog or you can also click here! Did you like this one? The ending is pretty crazy right? Wow, but anyway, thank you so much for being here and reading this, you are the very best and I am very grateful to have you here, thank you so much, you are the very best!! See you next time!

Comments

Popular Posts