Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In which we have a poem on Sandcastles!

Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday to you and good Afternoon as well! How are you today? How are things going? How was your Monday? As usual, I hope things are nice and I wish you the best! Please forgive me for having to postpone the post, something bad happened yesterday that messed with my whole schedule and my will to do basically everything ceased to exist, it was terrible, but here we are today! It's a new one, and hopefully better, I think it's going fine so far, which is great! But yesterday was not a bad day, just a bad thing happened at it that made me a bit frustrated and unstable, but it happens right? One hour at a time, step by step, hold on, I'm here now, back at the blog!
I went to the beach these days and built lots of sandcastles! Just yesterday, I went there and built 5 towers! It was so much fun, I love building sandcastles, they are amazing! Today, I wanted to try to make a small poem in homage to sandcastles, it's hard to do poetry, I know, just the thought of it intimidate me, but I really wanted to try to do it, I should try, verse by verse, hope it will work! They're the reason I enjoy going to the beach!


THE SANDCASTLE

By Daniel M.

The sandcastle is an improbability
Built by someone who doesn't understand Physics
Its format defies nature with its fragibility
Yet surrounded by water it stands, defying wind and gravity

The base should be wide, the top should be thin
These are ideas from engineery
Ask the person who did them 
If they know whay you are talking about
You will soon realize, the individual failed in calculus and geometry

The sand should be moist, but if it is too moist the castle will melt
The sand should be in the right moisture, too dry and it won't go up
Too dry and you would could never do a thing
It requires the precise amount of conditions, or it will stay a dream

The sandcastle faces adversity, faces wind, faces the waves
Faces the evil side of people, who love to step on them
Faces dryness, faces water, and it won't be mantained for long
The owner has to go, it's dinner time, the castle will be left
The kingdom is abandoned

How long does the castle stands
Most of the surroundings are already hostile
It won't stand the test of time, it is already falling
Considering everything, still the sandcastle was made
And more sandcastles will be made
Tomorrow and the other tomorrow
Still by someone who doesn't understand, but who sees value in it
...

And this is the small poem I have to offer to you, dear reader! Sandcastles make me so happy, this is a small homage to them, those efemerous buildings with uncomprehensible statues of sand, they are like clouds! If I go to the beach today I will certainly do one more! I think this is it for today though, thank you so much for being here and thank you so much for everything, dear reader! You are the very best! Wish you the best today, and I see you next post!

Comments