Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

In which we talk about the Haunted House!

Hello everyone!! Happy Wednesday to you and good evening! How are you today and how are things going?? As usual, I hope you are having a nice day and I wish you the best!! How is the weather where you are? Here it was the hottest day of the year so far, I'm not even kidding, like 100 degrees, 38 celsius of thermal sensation, 32 of temperature, it is hot, that is for sure, the wind is hot, the sun was at its maximum power, definitely not the day to get out of the air conditioner, at all, and yet I did! I had to, today the teachers of my discipline organized a field trip with the class to see an abandoned place they want to work with us in class and stuff, so far so boring, but it end up being a pretty jolly experience! First I went to a huge store filled with different things, and it was amazing, definitely the subject of my next post, and then from there, our checkpoint if you may, we went through the final destiny, and that one was pretty far away from the town buzz. We went to a pretty creepy location so we could examine things in it and also the teachers could give their class in the field, like they said they would do. It was great to see this place in the city, even with the terrible heat, all the insects and the dirt, luckily I went prepared, I was wearing my UV shirt that would protect my skin from the sun, and with a pretty solid tennis shoes, of course even with that I was melting and very uncomfortable, but it could be worse! This is where our post take place! It happens that in this place, we could see a big fancy house, abandoned entirely, delivered to the flies and spiders and the straw on the floor, the vegetation growing out of control in that area. It is definitely a haunted place, where once a happy family lived and left for reasons unknown to me, here, see what I'm talking about


Built around the 40's, this place was a model house back then! Huge windows of the time, staircases in stone, carefully crafted garden back in the days, we can still feel what's left of it buried in the grass. Now it's slowly falling into decadence. I entered on the place, definitely not pleasant right now, insects, air that smells bad, floor definitely out of shape, but just imagine how this place was when actual people were living in it! There is this series I used to love to see: Life After People. It used to talk abou what would have happened with all the structures and things we humans would left behind if we simply vanish from Earth. Pretty creepy, am I right? Definitely interesting to see this on the house though. Its eerie atmosphere must be terrifying at night, filled with ghosts from the 40's. 


This forgotten place even has a pool with a barbecue area in bad shape! Look carefully and you can see this forest of grass was tamed once, in the style thriving in the 40's and 50's I'm sure!


Here's the only sneak peek inside the house I have to offer, unfortunately I didn't stay long inside to take any significant picture, it was with some bad insects there, but the kitchen looked modern for the standards of the time, even though looks too rustic for my taste, thick walls and brick closets, not my thing.

And before we can wrap up for today, one last picture of our haunted mansion!


And this is it for today, a haunted house that smells like dirt and lost dreams. I was going to do sketch of the week today but with my visitation I just had to share with you guys all about my visitation to this odd place! Thank you so much for reading! You are the very best! See you next time!

Comments

Popular Posts