Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

Sketch of the Week! The Art Noveau small city!

Hello to you!! Good morning and happy Wednesday!! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope you are having a nice morning! I woke up recently and decided to just jump in and do today's post, before class! My position is comfortable, I'm still on my pajamas (thank Goodness! I love pajamas) and the electric fans are here working, which is wonderful! Not sure how the weather will be like today, will I be able to wear my sweater again? Hard to say yet, I hope so though! There were dashund fighting in my feet for my attention! Luckily they got tired and are sleeping now, puppies can be annoying, you know, though they are so cute! I really have to draw more, specially draw more buildings and landscapes! I've been doing more faces recently, as they're easier and faster to do, but every face needs a personality, a soul, it is not easy to come with this, with landscapes and buildings is easier, though they're harder to do, demand more time and patience. I have my sheets and pencils here but I won't be able to draw at the moment... maybe tonight, but probably not so... Anyways, here we go to our sketch of the week! Let's check it!


This one is the sketch of my recent history that demanded more time to do! A whole week if I'm not mistaken! Too many details in it! We started with the trees in the wind, then with the more stable trees, then with the building, and finally with the background, having trees and distant edifications! I wish I could be more inventive in the painting of the nature details, but I think the pallete works overall! Here we have an art noveau set of buildings, going up to touch the sky! Carefully crafted and with many details, those buildings have a dramatic and appealing nature that people tend to look up to, as many buildings of the time did, they definitely have a soul of its own, something that would be fight against by Modernism in the 20th century, a building do not have to have a soul, they say, but it needs to serve humanity alone, and some go to the point of abolishing any kind of decoration in it. It's hard to say what they had in mind with serving humanity, but the fact is those art noveau buildings stand in nature, merging even with it, the pink goes with the green, and so on the landscape becomes one.

And I think with those remarks we finish today's post! Just a small description of the building we have here. Thank you so much for being here, dear reader, you are the very best and I'm very grateful for your presence! I'm so happy to be here writing! And now I must think what will be the tune of the week!! Until the next post! Have a wonderful day!

Comments

Popular Posts