Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

Sketch of the week! In which we talk about the tree!

Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday to you! Good afternoon!! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I hope you are fine and well, wish you the best! How is the weather where you are? Here it's really hot, which is sad, but anyway, Carnival season is over, which means summer will be gone soon and the rains of fall and winter will come, how awesome is that?! I had some rain these days, and it was very good and fresh for a few moments, until the sun came back and made everything hot again, cycles of a tropical weather, yay! No wonder there's an expression for it called "green hell", it rains but it's so hot the water evaporates soon and the vapor makes the weather even hotter! Anyways, talking about something else than the heat, today is sketch of the week day! Yay!!! In my desire to have a fresher weather, we have a simple sketch I did of an Evergreen, or anyway, a regular gymnosperm...


Gymnosperm is greek for Naked seeds, those types of plants that include the pinetrees and so on is the type of plant that do not produce flowers, which is a pretty much extremely short explanation for my favorite kind of tree, even though I do love flowers. They became important after the huge mass extinction of the Permian Period, millions of years ago, even before the dinossaurs, and they still thrive today, surrounding us with their leaves and beauty! As I've been in a shy way trying new stuff this year, I decided to try to do a tree with no pen marks to it, making it more soft and organic, usually I just draw the contour of the tree with a pen and paint it inside, which is fine, but it's not how trees work, every leaf of a tree is unique, it's not a whole unity, so I decided that portraying trees and plants in general this other way is a better way to go, I first tried a few times on my raw sketchbook, and then I translated it to this piece of paper, and I'm satisfied with the result, I think it pleases my eyes, I won't stop doing trees the other way, of course, but trying new things is always nice when you are up to the task, because pushing yourself too strongly is not helpful, actually it is harmful. Just wanted to do a sketch as soft and fresh as possible, one that is very pale and doesn't have too strong colors, I tend to go on the direction of strong colors when the truth is I prefer pale and pastel variations, with some hints of stronger colors. Talking about it I really need to draw more! Even though I procrastinate in college often, I still have many activities to do there and college routine makes me tired and makes my free time more scarse, which is not a fertile soil for drawings, as I'm tired, with no ideas, and wanting to do less demanding activities, and so it goes, but I hope I can fight this a bit and at least do like 5 sketches a week! At least for the sketch of the week moment right? Anyway, just me being talkative as always, thank you so much for sticking with me for this long if you read the post till this point, I am very grateful and you are the best! Thank you so much! Wish you a good night and I see you on the next post!

Comments