Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

Sketch of the week! In which we talk about the Art Noveau Skyscraper!

Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday to you, and good evening! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope you are doing well! How is the weather where you are? I got news to you: it rained today! In fact, it rained a lot, A LOT! Which is superb! We see the beauty of the grey sky, that the sunshine doesn't harm, the freshness of the water, it is great! Okay, it is still pretty hot, the wind is hot and the soil is still hot, but well, if it keeps on raining, the weather may becomes more bearable and even enjoyable! Maybe too soon to say, actually I believe it is too soon to say, but I think this is a sign that Fall season in the fall, and winter, are coming! Okay, I don't got fall, I only got dry season/rain season, but come on, I love fall, even if things are upside down in the south of the globe, like Winter in the middle of the year, Christmas with Summer... anyway, this may mean that more mild weather times are coming, and this is great! Well, anyway, wow I actually love to talk about the weather, sometimes I got carried away by it, I hope people doesn't find this boring... it is not just a way to start a conversation, it is actually fascinating, in so many levels.
Today is Sketch of the week day! I was planning on doing this post earlier today, as I got home early from college after doing my test, but I was in need of catching up on The Voice because I missed pretty much the whole season since it starred this February... Anyway, but here we are, and let us jump to the sketch!


So here we have a more experimental drawing I did, putting together some new stuff I've been trying to, like wider glass windows, more soft trees and bushes, and also bringing my pallette down a bit more, though I love colors way too much. This drawing is not a success, unfortunately, in fact I was not planning a skyscraper, at all, I was planning more of a building based on an Art Noveau Synagogue I saw once, with a round ceiling and round glasses, but in the end it turned more to be a skyscraper, a tall building with art noveau steal art in the windows and some classic details as well, and some Rococo details as well. The lines are feel crooked and poorly made, which is something that hurts me a lot, I'm still working on my lines, I made huge progress since 2014, but on this drawing I can see the errors I made and they hurt me, I wish it could have gone better... but in the end I like it, hopefully next time I'll do a better building... What do you guys think? Are my flaws on the drawing forgivable or should I throw this on the trash and just give up on sketching? I don't plan on give up on it... in fact, this is the opposite of what I want with sketching, to just sketch beautiful things with no pressure at all, though as you guys can see I overthink way too much in it, all the time, every moment, which is hell. Either way, just keep on drawing...
Thank you so much for being here and reading this, you are the very best! I'm happy to share my small creation with you all, it is nice! I'm very grateful to have you here, thank you so much! Wish you the best the rest of this week, hope you may have a good night!

Comments

Popular Posts