Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which one can still feel the cold steel of the Dell brand laptop...

Good evening, kind friend, dear reader of this present post! How are you? I hope you have been well? Of course, do let me know! And how is the weather? Much to my relief, where I am at, it is still partially winter, it has been hard to say when winter will end and I would be certain it is spring. It did not rain as much in this season, alas, and I adore the rain.  I did not have the most productive of days yesterday, the last Saturday of September 2026. In fact, I was exhausted, I slept through most of it. And, what else to do? I could not bring myself on doing anything. No desire to engage in any game, no mindspace for drawing, and I could not write either. I just slept. A dear friend mentioned perhaps I needed the extra sleep, so it is what it is.  I was thinking of a song, which is the one part of the piece of Pelleas et Melisande, this time done by my favorite composer, Gabriel Faure. The Sicilienne part, probably one of my favorite pieces of music ever. Fun how it works, ...

In which I tell the reader what I saw on a breathing exercise

I am on the suite of a hotel I stayed once, a long time ago, I can feel the bed, big and comfortable, I sit in it and lay down, closing my eyes. I am wearing a red shirt made of silk, with the color of wine, with small white stripes in it. My pants are made of silk and it feels like they blend with my shirt. I am protected by my clothes but I feel the wind passing through me as I didn't exist, like I am a ghost, being blown away with the dust. There is no dust in the clean room. The floor is made of ceramics, its color is grey with a shade of green, and there are blue tiles around it, it is cold and good to step in. In the living room of the suite, there are couches, a table, a closet next to the main door, which is red, a red glazed door with a huge door handle in it. There is a smell of air conditioner and swimming pool on the air
I am not in the suite anymore, I'm in the hall, I can see the elevators. And them I'm by the pool, my feets are on the water but I don't get wet, I see the pool and the surroundings of the pool deck, there is no one around me. I go to the lobby of the huge hotel, I can see a huge christmas tree and the glassed wall separating me from the pool deck, feeling almost made of crystal particles. I can see the reception and the front door of the establishment in a long distance of me. What a huge place. I sit on the staircase leading to the mezzanine, it is a huge staircase, it feels good sitting here.

Comments