Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have many years in a week: Morning in Brazil, too?

Good morning, most kind and dear friend, reader of this present post, too! How are you? This is a post I have been trying to write since this Tuesday or so... and it has been quite hard to think on what to develop into a more substancial thought. There is a lot that I would like to talk, and I was terrified of starting a post, only to delete it and leave it at that, it happened time and again, and it destroys me for the moment. I don't know why such a strong repulsion against starting a thought and not knowing how to end, not finding a good way to conclude. Perhaps it is fear of fatigue. Or of being mistreated. But I do have an ongoing trend that I perceive, I really, really wanted to mention it. I did start the year a bit annoyed with the 2016 nostalgia, and on that line, I said that it was more of a 1989 year than 2016. I said it due to the capture of Maduro, the (ongoing) second Iranian Revolution and war, the immense losses the left suffered across latin America, that brought s...

To the city where the tall tower would stand

It fell like a sandcastle
The tower above the religious temple
Once the biggest in the place
Huge wonder

Fragile it went to the ground, to the violent flames, trying to eclipse the sun
Fragile it fell, like a sandcastle
The highest peak on a dramatic swim
People sang as it fell, to a mortal dive
It fell, like a sandcastle

The fire was the water, provoking the structure
Defying its stature, envy is a sin, it won the battle
It fell, like a sandcastle

It felt like a sandcastle
How it stood, proud, millions would come to see
Nature do not like such attention, such confidence, it seeks to destroy it
Like a sand castle, it was melt

Like a sandcastle it felt
It fell


Comments