Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which I plan my Christmas Card for 2024

Good morning, dear friend, reader of this post. Happy Sunday, and I wish you the best, both today and on the new week. I must say: September is going by very fast. It is not a bad thing on its own, but I dread the approximation of Summer. There is the bright side the season of holidays is coning, with special dates such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, specially Christmas on my end, since it is my favorite one. How are you, this Sunday? I was here very recently, so I do not expect you to be that much in a different mood, even if a lot can happen in even a couple of hours. s for me, I am... still afloat, recovering from a harsh day, of many tears and no hope. As I try to occupy my free time, I did manage to play some games, such as Sims 3, and Europa Universalis, as well as trying Victoria 3 once again. On Sims 3, as I was in much distress, I decided that I would treat myself to some expansions of the game that I was missing: those were the niche last one released for the game:

Sketch of the week! In which we talk about the small prairie!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Good afternoon to you! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope your day is being really nice! For me, April ended with my charger breaking, which sucks, but May started with a small Holiday and some rain, which is nice! In those days, the pattern was this: the day would be nice, something in the night would ruin me. But anyway, here I am, wonderful to be here, wonderful to see you! It is odd how quietly April went away giving its place to May, let us see how it goes. Happy May to you!
I am trying to make at least one drawing per week, my productivity is down as I don't have too much free time and the heat is killing me, I think much of the drop of my production is due to the fact I'm doing more stuff on my free time, I just have to balance it more, something I'm trying to do, I have never been really good at time management, with this change of schedule this really caught me off guard! But anyway, I am also trying new ideas and keep on going even if not doing 6 drawings a day as I used to at some point in July 2018... maybe on this upcoming corn season I will be able to catch but, but let us see... But anyway, let me share the drawing with you guys!


The picture is not wonderful, but I hope it is enough to show the drawing to you guys, I did a tree without doing its shape on ink, instead only relying on the color pencils, and here I decided to expand this, inspired in a small doodle I did in my sketchbook of a yellow tree with some purple flowers in them, the tree on this sketch goes to have leafs in a very light green, followed by a more coniferous tree, and my traditional one on the far left. I also included some small bushes and some background, though I really didn't want to go too heavy on it at all, I gave the floor some red flowers and the tree has blue flowers, instead of purple ones. I also did the grass with the most light green available to me, to give it some more freshness. And so we have a landscape, maybe next to some nice houses, maybe this is next to the park where people like to walk by! Still have much to do with the trees, but I am happy with the direction this sketch went, not imediately, but as time went by I appreciated more! The last tree is somewhat inspired in a tree present in the south of America, including Argentina, Paraguay and parts of Brazil, one that it is called Handroanthus Albus, or IpĂŞ Amarelo (Yellow IpĂŞ). IpĂŞ Amarelo is how I come to know this tree! It is quite an iconic one, as it becomes filled with flowers at some points of the year, like a cherryblossom tree, though it doesn't bear edible fruits I'm afraid, here's a picture of it so you guys can know what I'm talking about!


I do find this tree to be quite lovely! I even will see if I can manage to portray it into my drawings in the future, but well, I think this is it for today! Amazing being here writing again! Thank you so much for being here, you are the very best and I am so grateful! You are the very best!!! See you again sometime soon and stay safe!

Comments

Popular Posts