Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In which we talk about the Romantic Poetry of Wirt!

MAY HAVE SPOILERS OF OVER THE GARDEN WALL!
Hello everyone! Good evening to you and happy Monday!! How are you and how are things going on this day? As usual, wonderful to see you! Much happiness to you, wish you the best and hope your day is going splendidly well! How is the weather where you are? Here the day was fresh, guess we are indeed entering in winter! One of my friends got confused when I told him it's winter here, as he lives in America, it's summer in the north! Yes, where I live, things are upside down, I never wish for summer, this is not wrong, but I do wish I could have christmas with winter, as the lovely landscapes I see, wonderful moments, so delightful! But apart from the weather, my day was calm! I played some games such as The Sims, my love, and Civilization, another old passion of mine, and I made a couple of drawings! Two that were requested of me, and one I finished... I still have some more I wish to do, but one step at a time, right?
As it is the birthday week of my blog, I did wanted to try to post all of the days of this week! Will I succeed? Only on Sunday we will be able to tell, but it's nice to be back on track here, now that college is slowly coming to recess and vacations come take its place!
I love Over the Garden Wall and I particularly love the kind and hopeless romantic heart of Wirt, my favorite character, this truly passionate soul writes tender poems and a wonderful eye for the arts and how sensitive he is too, today I wanted to bring some of the poems made by him to his dear passion, Sara. They were hard for me to copilate, as they're not available written online, only on audio, of the small tape he recorded for Sara, that plays a significant role in the show. These two I just wrote open the tape! You guys can find these ones and others on the youtube/Soundcloud link I'll put it bellow, as for now, let's jump to our poetry session!



COME SAIL WITH ME
By Wirt (poem named by me)

Come sail with me 
Far into the long road lengths
Where we can drift out together
Between the pitch-black Seas
And the glittering stars
Each holding slowly into each
Towards the light and away from them
Knowing neither up nor down

Come sail with me
And gaze upon the Moon and stars
Until we know not if we are gazing or dreaming
As the great and gentle sea breathes us rising and falling
Into the unseeable night

Come sail with me
Gazed upon by the Moon
And the small curious stars
Are they also blinking heavily?
Tired and wondering
If our sea is their see, and our boat, their boat?
Do they comfort each other, with the sound of waves
Or words lapping softly beside their growing faces?

Come sail with me
Listen to the shimmering thoughts
Of one small star
Of one wandering star
Falling slowly towards the light
Away from the light
Knowing neither up nor down
Whose boat is maybe our boat
Her sea, our sea
Who maybe sleeps our sleep
Beneath the same blazing moon. 


FAR AWAY
By Wirt

Far away, in the far reaches of our souls
And in the garden of thought 
Where we often forget
We could remember again

One day I went to the river's edge
And dipped my head inside
I felt so alive
And I was free
I could see all the fishes shining bright
And watched the weeds rub and weave
Beneath specks of light

I was night
And I could see the moonshine shining down from above
Boy, I think I'm in love!
When you are by my side
Do not hide! Show your feelings in your open hands
In the morning we can dance
If we only take the chance
And we could fly away.
...

And with this we bring to a close the post of today! How do you like the poems? I personally love them on a deep level, as they also inspire me a lot on my own quest for poetry. Thank you for following me in this one, you are the best indeed! Farewell! See you soon hopefully on a new post!


Comments