Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

Art of the Week! In which we talk about Expectations!

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday to you and good Afternoon! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope all is well! How is the weather where you are? I hope things are fresh and soft, as here the sun is cooking everything it can touches! I'm having to be careful not to struggle too much indeed. Wish the weather could be fresher, like the painting I'm about to share, that sounds filled with longing and desire, here we have Expectations by Sir Lawrence Alma Tadelma.



I saw this painting and thought it could be a really good one to share, as I love it so much, by Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema, the level of details is insane, as you can feel the wind on her hair, the coldness of the sea and of the stone. The girl here, sitting in the marble sofa, waits for her love, that comes from the ocean, flowers come to comfort her, even if she’s full of hope. Sounds like a wonderful place to wait for your loved one indeed. On this scenario fit for Rome or Carthage. It's also amazing how her dress fits the landscape and the sofa, complimenting it. I shared it on my Instagram a while ago with a caption similar to this one, but I made some changes here so I could share it on the blog. I hope the wind is fresh for her, and I hope her loved one may come, and the sun is gentle also.
There's a lot I want to do today, make some drawings, writing on the blog, I havent drawn properly for a while now, and this sucks, hopefully that will change soon when I'll make new drawings that I'll be satisfied about, it is a process indeed... I also want to enjoy my new laptop though, so is the struggle to keep everything balanced!
Well, this is it for today, just this painting by this amazing artist! Wish you the best dear reader, and you are the best! See you again next time, have an excellent weekend.

Comments