Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which I talk about plans for sketching!

Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday to you and good night! How are you today and how are things? As usual, I wish you the best and hope things are going well! How is the weather where you are? If you live in the North, are you feeling the fall season? As for me, I don't have fall, but its influence are happily felt over here, quite lovely! The weather is mild, today was fine I must say, I'm doing okay for the most part, Monday was a day filled with emotions, many of them are bad ones, specially on the night, but yesterday was nice, and today was quite alright! I'm thinking on plans on sketching, I made some sketches I feel mildly satisfied with today, I plan on coloring them soon, and making some more as well, I need a new set of color pencils as well, my plans for the future, and I plan on start studying an art book that I have here with me, I know, I always say I will do so and I never do actually, I still have a book to read, I need to organize my routine a bit more, maybe return on reading the book I'm reading, I promised myself to doodle at least a page of paper per diem, so far I've been doing some progress, creative block sucks though, wish I could make a proper art course so I could have a proper place and time to practice. My plans for the future is trying to finish the drawings I started today, one by one, getting new color pencils, reading this drawing book that I have, and on other notice return on reading my book on the prince Grigori Potemkin, this wonderful gentleman that was so much more than the famous lover of Catherine II of Russia, other one of my favorite historic personalities. Today it would be naturally sketch of the week, so I have one for you guys, one that I made on Autodesk Sketchbook, here is the final result, it was made with mouse and the ruler helped me a lot


So here we have it, his name is Thomas and his favorite color is Purple, the color on the background! And he was born on an attempt to do something different with my new laptop. Thomas makes me excited for the future as I plan to keep on doing those digital sketches like I also do on paper and pencil, let us see how it goes! Well, this is it for today, thank you so much for being here, dear reader, you are the best, I see you next time!

Comments