Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which we talk about the Soundtrack of Anno 1800!

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday and Weekend! Wish you the best! How are you today and how are things going? I hope all is well! How is the weather where you are? Here it is hot, hot and hot, wish it was fresher, but no, unfortunately the weather has other plans for my region, and so be it, well I have my fans, wish I could turn on the AC but I guess it's too early for it, anyways, I have something to share with you guys today! It is about Anno as well!!!



So, the soundtrack of this game, in contrast to Anno 1404, is less progressive in terms of how you build your city, which means it doesn't change overtime, so being more static, but even so extremely beautiful and cinematographic, in fact I think this was the objective of the whole game, to be both cinematographic and a videogame, which is a tendency these days, much more than it was in Anno 1404, which is fine, the games are different, even if they share similarities, I love them both, I'm just sad that Anno 1404 is so poorly optimized, always crashing on computer, even on my new one, that is better than my old one, anyway, back to the soundtrack, it is calm and formal, gracious and discrete, just like the victorian aesthetic of the 19th century, a century that valued dignity, discrete behavior, politeness and everything related to it, the same for this Soundtrack. And it doesn't stop there, it has some latin vibes to it too, inches and hints of it here and there, which is more than amazing in my opinion! Definitely worth the try! Anno has such a wonderful soundtrack, I should write more about it in the future if I can! And well this is what I have to offer for today! Thank you so much for being here dear reader, you are the very best! Hope to see you again next time! Happy Weekend to you!
PS: Here is my Anno 1800 Logo, isnt it cute? I love it so much!!!


Comments