Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we have a small story! The Wind and Andy B. Wyatt

Happy Friday everyone and good morning! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope all is well with you! How is the weather where you are? Here the weather is hot and dry, no rain in sight, as it is expected from December I'm afraid, I miss rains, wish they could happen sometime soon, I love Christmas so much, it is my favorite time of year, and I wish I could have snow in it, I do am excited for I'm gonna see a friend I haven't seen in a while today and it should be awesome! Hurray!!!Well, Anyway, I also have exciting news to share, I made a new story!This one is about Andrew B. Wyatt, a gentleman that get carried away by the wind! ALSO, This is a spin off of a fanfic I made a while ago, do you guys remember, the one I made in July for Over the Garden Wall! Well, here it is the story I've been wanting to make for a while now, coming to reality! For a short story, it is quite long, so hold on for a while, because I'm gonna post it entirely on this post, should be a journey haha, I hope it is easy to read and it works, well, let's jump into it!



Andrew B. Wyatt comes to the house of Eliana in order to learn gardening, he always had an interest for plants, he loved them! He loved to sketch them and to take care of them, and wanted the help of Mr. Wyatt, who was also an enthusiast of the area, to improve his skills, to discover new plants, take care of them, improve his craftsmanship and maybe one day develop a green thumb, which means, being an expert on this special art. He was coming from a somewhat distant city in the land, with his steam carriage, one of the inventions of the time, the way has been difficult, with the wind blowing hard at times, but his carriage was strong, it could take it.
The path was decorated for Christmas in an amazing way, having garlands, trees filled with decorative fruits and huge laces, and electric lights, another invention of the time, for the first time it weren't candles doing the lighting job around, which was an amazing addiction, everything seems to captivate Andrew, on his journey to the house of Eliana.

Andrew B. was thin, tall, like a good gentleman, and was wearing what was fashionable at the time, considering his main hobbie involved messing with dirt, his clothes weren't quite fitting, but he always had his apron at hand, and his boots. He had notified the Wyatts of his journey somewhat ago, and everything was set for the stay to be the most productive as possible, even with Mr. Wyatt always being on journeys because of his work. What an odd set of people, running a balloon transportation company in an age of trains and steamboat ships, well, these parts had plenty of wind, that is for sure...
Andrew B. had a very wide smile, that he would show at many ocasions, as he was a happy fellow. He soon decided to stop at a trading post to use the telephone device there, what a wonderful invention of this era of machines, using the telephone, he would notify Eliana and Mr. Wyatt of his iminent arrival, so she went with his steam carriage, stopped it nearby, and went walking to the trading post that was close to him, but not close enough, as he would find out. Because the wind that blew was fast and furious, and it was blowing and blowing, it first carried his hat, then it carried him, but how so? Well, Andy started running to catch his hat, but as he ran in the direction of the wind, he slowly but surely levitated in the air, being carried by the wind, it was done, Andy was flying, being carried by the violent wind, his coat was everywhere, he was screaming for help and the people on the trading post saw what happened, but weren't able to help, as they didn't want to be carried by the fast wind as well.
Those type of wind storms were common, and most people are not taken by surprise by it, as it was Andrew, he was flying away from his steam carriage, that was still, since was heavy. He was thin and flying away, screaming for help as he had his short hair in the wind, blowing strongly. He wasnt sure even where he was heading towards, neither could he think much about it, as everything happened so quickly.
Andrew was a kite with no prancer, a steamboat ship with no captain, but that wasnt freedom, the wind was taking him to places he didn't want to go, Andrew valued his liberty, and that wasn't it, he was not the master of his own fate on such a storm, and he was enough with this play God was doing with him, he couldn't even cry in despair as everything happened so fast, and his poor hat was long gone as well, he would have to get a new one, but that was the least of his concerns.
For his good fortune, though, God was getting tired of playing with him as well. There was a captain nearby the storm, performing a trip with the balloon. He saw the boy flying "so that's where the hat came from" he thought. The airship was strong so it could put a fight with the wind and still stand, not like poor Andrew. In the control pannel of the ship, he activated a wire, a strong wire, that was extended on the right side of the flying machine, then, with a huge megaphone, the man screamed at Andrew.
"HOLD STILL BOY, THE HELP IS COMING!"
Andrew was seconds later captured by the balloon, and with difficulty made his way inside it, traumatized as he was by the experience, he fainted afterwards, the captain assumed the hat was from the boy and put it on his head as he was laying on the ground of the ship.
After that baptism of fire to the region, Andy decided to not leave his car until he could find his way to Eliana's shop. He thanked the captain, who helped him reach his steam carriage again, and proceeded to the place, not touching the telephone after all. In the end though, he could have more respect for the flying machines above with their service, maybe they weren't useless, they would go to places where trains and boats could not. He found out that there is so much we don't know in the end it is impossible to imagine how far ingenuity would go. So he kept on his way to the land of Wyatts, never to take his foot on land before reaching it.




And this is it for today! How do you like the story? Let me know! Thank you so much for being here dear reader! You are the best and I wish you the best! Good afternoon to you! Wish you much happiness as well! See you next time! Also, I'd like to thank my friend Yun, for without him this story wouldn't be made, thank you Yun, you are a really special human.

Comments

Popular Posts