Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

Picture of the week! In which we have the path of the Reindeer!

Happy Monday everyone and good morning! Happy December as well, Season's Greetings! The most beautiful time of the year! My favorite season, besides my birthday! Even when I think I'm not celebrating enough, this is nonesense though, as Christmas is supposed to be celebrated at its own rhythim! Fast or slow, it depends on you! So, how was your weekend? How are you this morning? I hope things are well and I wish you the best! For me Weekend was calm and okay! I played some games! How is the weather where you are? Here it is hot, and hot, so hot I gave water to my succulents, as they don't need too much water, they're desert plants, I plan on giving more water to them only the week after the next one, which means: Christmas week! Should be an awesome time for sure! And speaking of Christmas, I have a picture to share with you guys! The Path of the Reindeer, with the lyrics of the song O come O come Emmanuel following it! Hurray!



O come, o come Emmanuel
To free your captive Israel
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear
Rejoice, rejoice o Israel
To you shall come Emmanuel
...

This is a beautiful song with beautiful lyrics with a beautiful picture following it, the path of the reindeer, where those christmas animals on Lapland live happy. I mean, of course there're reindeers out of Lapland, and they're also happy, I think so, but the thing is I love Reindeers and I love Lapland, region where some say live Santa Claus. The story behind how Santa left Italy to live on the North Pole varies from person to person, and some don't even call Santa Santa, in Poland, he is called Święty Mikołaj! (thank you Arthur Christmas), in Brazil, where I live, we call him Papai Noel! Some call him Father Winter! On an episode of my fave show, The Office, Dwight present us to his version of Santa: Belsnickel, which is an... exotic version of Santa, more tied to how sometimes Santa was portrayed in other times! You see, there is more than meets the eye, and traditions can have beautiful stories and interesting facts! I will try to come with more Christmas Facts on the next post, if I can, but anyways, thank you so much guys for being here today, means a lot, see you all next time! And happy December, Merry Christmas!

Comments