Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we have a small story: From the pages of another History

Hello everyone! Good evening and happy Friday! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope all is well with you! How is the weather where you are? Here it is a gamble, yesterday it was a winter day! Rained a lot and was so fresh I had to wear my sweater in order to endure it, which was quite pleasant! Well, it went away today, the sun was very imposing, making everything really hot again! How tragic, don't you think? It did rain, but the heat stayed put, unfortunately, and with the humidity, it was really a nightmare for a bit, well anyway, I hope tomorrow may be a good day, let us see how it goes. I also traveled to the beach! How awesome is it? I wasn't too happy by the idea but now I'm already here, hopefully it will be fine. I got inspired today and I wanted to write a short story on my experience with sandcastles! So let's jump into it! From the pages of another History book...



There once was an ancient kingdom, at the shores of a lusty beach, prosperous it was this ancient kingdom, so much it stuck in my memory and so I write about it in my Journal. There were very long towers there, they could be seen from big distances even, as if calling travelers to trade what they had to offer on its location, as if calling for business, tourism, desperate to be seen, to be noticed, on the vast plains of sand. It wasn't a desert, of course, it was a beach, the sea was nearby, and some place elsewhere you could also spot vegetation, it is not a desert. It was so beautiful, this ancient kingdom, we could see lots of statues there, works of art of different eras, there was a pond in the center, surrounded by those long towers, a lusty pool, marking the heart of the place, so many people there, interested in art, in trade, professionals, curious coming from foreign lands to see the towers there, so tall they were. What is stuck in my memory, however, is the description of others, I've never seen such place, and I never will. The ancient kingdom started to decay at some point, the sea that was its friend became its enemy, slowly the salty water, unforgiving water, of the ocean, would fill the pond more than he could take, and the foundation of the buildings got damaged, but they did not fall, so they told me, even so the kings and queens would do what they could to keep expanding, desperate to keep the kingdom alive and glorious, wasnt a peaceful decadence, it was a battle, and people would still come by to visit the towers and to trade and to share what they have to offer. It was a place that still vibrated with culture, even on its clearly last days, because the beach was advancing, the sea was coming, more and more, the roads became rivers, the pond became the city itself. It was a lost battle.
Well, at a point one tower fell, quite a shock, as they tell me, the sea was the reality of that place now, that once was land, it was filling everything, and the tower fell, one more, two more, until there were only ruins left, and still the kings and queens kept trying to keep the place alive, until they stopped, and went away, it was hopeless. The sea didn't stop from coming. At the beginning, the water wasnt too deep, but it became deep soon enough, the water came, and didn't stop from coming, until the whole beach was sea. The ruins disappeared under the water, they vanished, melted away on the waves. The beach became the sea. I heard one day the sea retreated, but the kingdom was nowhere to be found, it melted away. Lost, for good. Or is it? Well, it lives on, inside the imagination of so many. It's the best we have.

Comments

Popular Posts