Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which we talk about the Empire State Dream

Good morning dear reader and I wish you the best! How are you today and how are things going? Again, I wish you the best, and hope everything is fine with you! As for me, I'm okay, just waking up so far! Drank my daily capuccino, and I am enjoying the colder weather!I mean, just 26C/79F, not too cold though! And how is the weather where you are? Like I said, quite a nice day where I live, clouds and cold wind, I mean, give me some credit, I live in the tropics lol, anyway, let's jump into this crazy dream I had, that happened in New York!


In this very realistic dream, I was in New York City paying a visit, a city I am fond of, because of how beautiful the buildings there are. Or anyway, used to be fond of, it intimidates me for the most part, plus I am not too fond on the mood that the city was ingulfed in on the last years or so.... I went as far as I could on my actual thoughts on my Madonna post, where I rambled about how I have a complicated relationship with her American Life album, I'm afraid I give her too much credit even, I should just ignore those people. Anyway, back to the dream. Very confusing it was, because at one moment I was at the house of my grandparents, eating tasteless cake and dreaming about bombons on the coffee machine, on the other I was visiting the Empire State Building, that was on the wrong place there even, next to the Washington Square Park, in Greenwich Village, not on Midtown as it was supposed to be! And what's worse, there were so many things at that place, it was an apartment building, it was filled with stores, at a point it was the Hotel I was spending my time, even if my actual hotel was right nearby the Empire State, so odd indeed.Also, so many fancy decoration and wonderfully rich and goodly dressed people, I was so happy t be around such splendor! I met some people in my dream, DoorMonster was there via videos on the phone as well, and my former friend Kryssia Appeared too, which was an unwelcomed guest, I have to say. Anyway, and a mall also appeared on the dream, at least its parking lot. It was a dream about locations above all else, as we can see! Anyway, this is it for today, my friend, just sharing this confusing dream with you all! I bid you farewell and I see you on the next post, that will be coming HOPEFULLY very soon!

Comments