Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

Joey and the Barbershop Incident, part 4

The fourth and final part is this one:

...
“You see, a while ago I went on a car drive, and ended up in the woods, and in the middle of it there was a gate, and a grumpy doorman. He didn’t want to let me in, of course, but then I met Monsieur Seals, quite the friend… this place looks awfully similar to that one, if only I had my car…”
“We arrived, monsieur, according to the address, this is the place!”
They arrived in the domains of a huge mansion, seemed only on the horizon, and after walking, a secretary came to receive them.
“You must be the visitors. Follow me”
Going hallway after another, and then through the stairs, they arrived in an office, where Geoffrey was sitting down drowned by work of math and engineering, wearing a fancy robe.
“Mr. Geoffrey, here are the ones who know about the time machine”
Looking up from his work, like awaken from a dream, Geoffrey said “well there, welcome in!”
The secretary went away, and Joey started talking.
“Sir, I believe you know the way of getting me back home, you see, I know a thing or two about time machines, how they mess with space and time”
“Oh yes, oh yes, quite quite, I am very sorry for what happened to you, I tried something new with one of my portals and I messed things up! What is your name, sir?”
“Joey”
“Can you sign it here, please, those are the people that were in trouble because of me before, the ones that managed to sign their names”
“Wow, quite a few”
“And I’m glad that the number is coming down these months! Barely anyone signs them anyway, they are too busy wanting to return to their places. I assume you are the same, so let’s be quick, shall we, this is the portal” saying Geoffrey opening a big door “go through it and you will be back home, I am sorry for what happened, and know that I’m working hard on solving any issues”
“You should be careful with messing with this stuff, Geoff, I had friends, you know, they were into this too, gave them nothing but trouble.”
“I accept your concerns.”
“Well, thank you so much Bjarksen, for everything.”
“Count me in, Joey”
They both shook hands warmly. In the next second, Joey walked on the portal.
…
His face was then uncovered, and the barber did his job, silently and diligently. When he finally opened his eyes again, the man said:
“Done, that will be 20 dollars, Joey”
Joey felt like waking from a very weird dream, though everything happened, everything was very real, but he was back home, at Austin.
Decided to go home once and for all, he grabbed his car and proudly drove through the streets of his known city, now he was into another adventure, one that he was going willingly: a new era in his life.
The End.

Comments