Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In which I wait for the new Civilization VI DLC!

Hello everyone!! Happy Thursday to you! I'm in anxiety-excitement mode, how are you? How are things going? I wish you the best, and hope everything is going well for you! How is the weather where you are? I hope it is calm and fresh, here it is cold, which is amazing! I'm wearing a sweater and my socks, and I'm hyping about the new DLC coming out today for Civ VI, so let's talk about it! Shall we? We shall!


The new Ethiopia DLC is coming out today with a new Civ that I already mentioned, and a new game mode: the secret societies one! Ethiopia is the one thing about it I'm mostly excited about! This coming back civ is based on the ancient Kingdom of Ethiopia-Abyssinia, a nation in Africa famous for being the only christian nation surrounded by a sea of Islam. Menelik II, the leader coming to represent the civ on the game, said so, and was very proud of his dominions, making much to expand its borders, fight rival nations in Africa and Europe, as the new italian Nation had a little bit too much interest in it to leave it be, bringing some railroads to the country and also abolishing slave trade, so he took some key steps in modernizing the country. Ethiopia has always been an isolated country, a country of highlands and orthodox faith, the lonely lion of Judah, and this is represented in Civilization as well, in their faith based gameplay, being able to build extra special churches on hills, being able to have extra faith from trade route and resources. This is not a new approach to Ethiopia, as Civ V had a very similar approach to it, being leaded by the famous poet-king Haile Selassie, a descendent of Menelik! The Ras Tafari Makkonen! And in a crazy move, the unlikely influencer behind the Rastafari movement in Jamaica, a whole continent away, and that doesn't have much to do with the actual christian beliefs of Haile. Well, he was quite the figure, so is Menelik, so is this Kingdom in Africa, that once tried to be an equal to its european brothers in faith.
Well, now into Secret Societies! They appear to be quite interesting, I can't wait to put my hands in them, we'll have 4 different societies, that were already revealed, but that I forgot the name lol, and also forgot what they do, in spite of watching their annoucement video more than once. Also, they are coming with a diplomatic district, which appears to be really interesting, but it pales in comparison to Ethiopia, and even with the secret societies. Many are in hype mode about all those new changes, and I am one of them!
Well, I'm still waiting here, the pack will be released at 1PM! All this waiting is killing me! I should play something in order to apease my soul, or hang out with some friend, well, anyway, I'm waiting!

Comments