Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In which we have a couple of paintings to celebrate 4th of July!

Good morning! How are you my friend the reader? How are things going? I do wish you well and hope this Saturday has a nice weather where you live, as for me, it has been a calm day, I woke up extremely early for no reason at all, spent a crap ton of time on Pinterest and stuff, and well, here I am now, writing for a very special ocasion!
Happy 4th of July dear reader everywhere, today is a day to celebrate the values in which America was founded, the values of Freedom, Property, pursuit of Happiness and Life! And what better way to celebrate that than with Art? Yes, we are having a couple of paintings today from the American Impressionists, one of my favorite group of artists, so we can share on the spirit that brew life in this great country that I admire on the distance and hope to visit one day once again! You see, I went there when I was, like, 8 or 9 years old, and I had quite the adventure! Which gives me ideas for another post, but for today, let's focus on the paitings!


Ah, the Holidays, and it's Summer in America this time of year, perfect time for a beach day! This picture is pretty universal though, it remembers me of my days in the beach here in Brazil! The color of the water is exactly the one we have in the beach I go here, also the other beach I go from time to time, where I used to live a while ago! Brings me happy memories! This painting, by the way, was made by Edward Henry Potthast, a fine impressionist artist from Ohio, but that made his career in New York City! He also painted this beauty, that is fittingly entitled Happy Days:


If it wasn't for Corona, I am sure the beaches would be the place to be for many americans! But I hope the barbecues are in order, I haven't had a good barbecue in a while, one thing we brazilians and Americans have in common, we both absolutely LOVE barbecues! And Brazilian barbecues are a true event! And, well, speaking of which, care for some tea?


This painting was made by the talented Mary Cassatt, which became rightfully famous for its lovely painting of people in intimate moments, such as relaxing and having a cup of tea for example, quite lovely, I am extremely fond of ordinary moments of life, and I try to represent them in my stories as well, we have some stuff in common, me and Marie! I am quite fond of her work!
And today we are just having a small post with some paintings, just a small celebration! We don't have Fireworks, that's true, but we have some Art! Much happiness to you all! See you on the next post, hopefully it will be soon...

Comments