Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we say Hello to October 2026! A vision of hard-earnt Optimism

Hello, my good friend! Happy Sunday! I started writing this post on Saturday, some days before the first turn of the general election. I wrote on the sense I did feel an air of optimism. But given it was not entirely justified, not yet, I decided to abstain from writing for the weekend, I really did not want to be blamed of calling a victory before due time and process. The due process is in motion, and I am very happy to say my optimism was justified, and I read the room quite well, which makes me happy, because what I saw was hope. I will keep most of the original post unchanged, making only some add-ons and corrections here and there. So, let us jump to it! Good morning, kind friend, reader of this post on the Divagation Store! Well, how are you? How is the weather? Hope you are okay, and the temperature is fine? As for me, I am okay, a bit anxious, but what else is new... Tomorrow is a day of general election in Brazil, the country I reside in, and I trust it is an important one, I...

In which we have a couple of paintings to celebrate 4th of July!

Good morning! How are you my friend the reader? How are things going? I do wish you well and hope this Saturday has a nice weather where you live, as for me, it has been a calm day, I woke up extremely early for no reason at all, spent a crap ton of time on Pinterest and stuff, and well, here I am now, writing for a very special ocasion!
Happy 4th of July dear reader everywhere, today is a day to celebrate the values in which America was founded, the values of Freedom, Property, pursuit of Happiness and Life! And what better way to celebrate that than with Art? Yes, we are having a couple of paintings today from the American Impressionists, one of my favorite group of artists, so we can share on the spirit that brew life in this great country that I admire on the distance and hope to visit one day once again! You see, I went there when I was, like, 8 or 9 years old, and I had quite the adventure! Which gives me ideas for another post, but for today, let's focus on the paitings!


Ah, the Holidays, and it's Summer in America this time of year, perfect time for a beach day! This picture is pretty universal though, it remembers me of my days in the beach here in Brazil! The color of the water is exactly the one we have in the beach I go here, also the other beach I go from time to time, where I used to live a while ago! Brings me happy memories! This painting, by the way, was made by Edward Henry Potthast, a fine impressionist artist from Ohio, but that made his career in New York City! He also painted this beauty, that is fittingly entitled Happy Days:


If it wasn't for Corona, I am sure the beaches would be the place to be for many americans! But I hope the barbecues are in order, I haven't had a good barbecue in a while, one thing we brazilians and Americans have in common, we both absolutely LOVE barbecues! And Brazilian barbecues are a true event! And, well, speaking of which, care for some tea?


This painting was made by the talented Mary Cassatt, which became rightfully famous for its lovely painting of people in intimate moments, such as relaxing and having a cup of tea for example, quite lovely, I am extremely fond of ordinary moments of life, and I try to represent them in my stories as well, we have some stuff in common, me and Marie! I am quite fond of her work!
And today we are just having a small post with some paintings, just a small celebration! We don't have Fireworks, that's true, but we have some Art! Much happiness to you all! See you on the next post, hopefully it will be soon...

Comments