Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In Which I win a VERY TOUGH GAME as Venice on Civ V

Good afternoon dear reader! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I wish you the best and hope all is well! How is the weather where you are? Let me tell you, wow, it got a bit colder, so much in fact I'm running my fan on the lowest speed. I'm also with my popsicle socks, but no sweater for today. Today I just wanted to share a CIV TALE with you guys! A short one, so don't worry! Let's jump into it, shall we?

So I wanted to play this game as Venice, on Civilization V, this civ is a very interesting one, as it can only found one city. All other cities it may acquire must be city-states, and you only may acquire them with the Merchant of Venice unique unit, that replaces the great merchant. Anyway, I was having a very tough game, Pocatello, leader of the Shoshone, was like 300 points ahead of me, building his spaceship, dominating all the other civs of his continent militarly, also with a very strong cultural game on the top of that. I was facing a giant, in every sense. But still I won.

How did I won? It was very last call resource, I had money by my side. One of the advantages of Venice is the abundance of Trade Routes it has. Well, I sent gifts of money to all the city states I could, the Shoshone could not compete on this field with me, I mean, I had to be good at something, right? First edition of the UN, I had Arabia and Morocco voting for me, but still, by only 5 points, I didn't win. I had to wait 12 more turns to manage to build my support and finally beat the monster that was the Shoshone. This was a solid one, but still was a close call.

I've been trying to play as Venice for over a week now, of course I've tried before again and again, and I succeeded before as well, but this is my first time playing as them in my new bedroom, so this means something to me! Hurray! Now, even if I'm taking a small break from Civ V, that will last for a couple of days, I'm already planning this game as Babylon, and this one I'm sure I'll succeed.

This is the small Civ Tale I'd like to share with you guys! Thank you so much for being here and for reading this, means a lot! And I see you all August 31st for our last post of the month, and to say hello to September!

Comments

Popular Posts