Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we talk about the book "How to draw Inky Wonderlands" by Johanna Basford!

Hello everyone! Good morning and happy Monday to you! A new week in the fine month of August! How are you today and how are things going? I hope things are well! How is the weather? Here it varies over the days, sometimes is summer (not as hot though) sometimes is Winter (not enough for a sweater though, unfortunately. My photoshop course is advancing! And I could write a bit more about it and even had a tag for Photoshop, but I have a ton of tags and everytime I write a post, the worst part is select the tags that go on the post, it sucks! Well, today I'm here to talk a bit more about this book that I bought about Johanna Basford! How to Draw Inky Wonderlands! It is a trip, let me tell you guys about it!


So, I bought this book back in the end of May and I knew I'd love it! I was about right about my assumption, I absolutely did! The book is pretty straightforward, it teaches to make some drawings that the author does, step by step, it is very nice and useful, and it can be applied to everything, really, specially the flower chapter! The book is divided in three parts: Garden (flowers), Ocean (fish, corals and ships), and Forest (Animals and Trees). Lots of tricks and techniques can be found, and also the book provide you with pages with space for you to draw in, if you don't have paper next to you once you start doing it! I don't draw much in the book though, as I'd rather make the sketches in my own sheets of paper. Also, the author invites you to paint the book, as you paint her other adventures, such as Lost Ocean and Secret Garden or Johanna's Christmas, I do prefer to color my own creations though, rather than the drawing of others, though I buy coloring books because they are beautiful, and sometimes I do color on them, I make an effort to do so! Here's a sample of what I'm talking about, here you'll see the tips to draw birds, and the space to draw them as well! Very good!


If I had to rate this book from 0 to 5, I'd give it a 5! I know, it's a very high note, but I don't find any reason not to give this book an excellent one! It is simple and effective, specially for those who don't have much time to draw, don't have much knowledge on the subject (like me) or those who are really enchanted by the style of the author (also me)! Johanna is a magician, and I'm glad to have her in my adventures! I mean, I'm not sure if you'll enjoy the book, but I recommend it, it's a good one! You can buy it without fear of regretting! I'll provide the link to the Amazon shop if you do want to get it:

Amazon How to Draw Inky Wonderlands

Also, before I start saying goodbye, this is a sample of what I've been doing with the book, I mixed the style of the book with the things I usually draw, this is the result!



So yea! If you are into drawing, coloring books, drawing tips and everything about it, this book is for you! Thank you so much for being here guys, means so much! Love you all and I wish you the best! See you real soon with another post! Hopefully i the next 4 days! I wanna close this month with several good posts!

Comments

Popular Posts