Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In which we talk about Ginko

Good morning everyone! Do tell, dear reader, how are you today and how are things going? I hope all is well! And how is the weather where you are? Here it is windy, my bedroom has a good temperature, thanks to my curtain and my fan, overall it is still winter, which makes me happy, let us enjoy winter as it lasts, because soon will be summer! But well, my bedroom has curtains, so that should save me from the heat! Today I found myself with not much to say on the blog, but then I remembered my time recently watching a show with my friend Ethan, and I decided I should talk about it! I'm not too fond of Anime, but this particular show captivated me, Ethan wanted me to watch it for a while now, and he managed to do so! Well, I'll talk about the main character of this particular series. So, let's jump into it!


Ginko is the main character of a japanese animation called "Mushi Shi", and talking about Mushi Shi is essentially talking about Ginko's habit of wander through the land of Japan of the 19th century. His wanderness is specially explained by the fact he doesn't have a fixed place of living, nor he feel like he could settle, since he attracts strange beings called "Mushi" (that give the name of the show). You can't say that's an ability or a gift, specially because Mushi , though neutral beings representing the essence of life, causes all kinds of troubles in contact with humans and the creatures around, and you'll see that as you watch the show. Ginko is calm, laid back and contemplative. Being interested in Mushi, he tries to solve the problems Mushi cause, and he is caring towards the people around him, though he is a wanderer. Only one episode so far (I'm on episode 12-13 of a two season 20 episodes show) he is shown to be in painful distress, but for the overwhelming part of the time he is peaceful and in control of his emotions. The character is fascinating and softly seductive, and it appears he knows that. He is shy and a good friend though.

I am very fond of Ginko, he inspires calmness in me, and his laid back quiet style attracts me, he sounds like a good person to have around, even if he'd not stay in the place for long. He is very knowledgeble and his awareness that he does not know anything makes him, like I said, a fascinating and softly seductive character. There is something melancholic about him, or is it just me, that know that such person does not exist. 

This is what I have to say about him, thank you so much for being here, wish you the best, and I see you next time, and I hope next time is real soon!

Comments