Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we talk about Memoirs of a Geisha

Hello guys and gals! Good morning! How are you today? How is the weather? I hope it's fresh and cloudy, but not hurricainy or anything like that, and if you are facing those hardships, I'm praying for your well being. It's been a calm weather where I live so far, I just wish I could have a haircut, really, since I'm with a longer hair in comparison to the end of July, of course. But anyways, speaking of haircuts, I have a movie to share with you guys today! It's called Memoirs of  a Geisha and it was based on a book written by Arthur Golden, we shall speak of it in a moment.


Memoirs of a Geisha, released in 2005, is such a good movie! Following the story of Chiyo, a girl sold into an Okyia (Geisha House) from her earlier years and beyond, passing through the hardships of her life, to the glimpse of hope of what she could be, when the certain chairman of a company was kind towards her. Such is the power of kindness. The movie is a fantastic and rare glimpse into the Japan of the 1920-1940's, besides the illustrations of War and horror that exists. You can see where the modern and the traditional come together in this movie, such is Mother (one of the characters) listening to the radio while performing her activities, listening to a westernized tune sang in Japanese, you see the kimonos and the cameras/electricity, cars, riquixas, trains, and the westernized clothes. It is a beautiful world, the one of the movie, and a fragile one, coming to a close, when the dark clouds of World War II became a grimm reality to everyone. And the world after the war, one that was less than before, at least for the world of Chiyo.

The movie has a LONG story that can be a drag to watch, but it can be worth it, and it does go well, a part swifting to the other naturally. But the book is better, even if a bit long. I haven't read it in a while now, since I finished it in 2016. If you want to fully understand the movie, you gotta read the book.

Unfortunately I can't find the movie on brazilian netflix or brazilian Amazon prime, only available to buy or rent, which is a turn off indeed. I'm kinda broke rn, but if you fancy yourself some nice movie, it's only 3 reais to rent on Amazon, and that price is even lower in dollars. I mean, even with me broke I could rent it, don't get me wrong, it's just that my mom won't allow me to use the credit card for now, cause of the expenses we're having with the move! Anyway, I should get going, this has been a bit o a long post, but thank you ever so much for being here, dear reader, it does mean a lot, and I'm glad to see you! Hopefully I'll be back soon with more posts! See you then!

Comments

Popular Posts