Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we talk about my drawing process

Hello and good morning dear reader! Wish you the best and hope all is well with you! How is the weather where you are? Here it is cloudy, chill and rainy, just the way I like it! My bedroom is cozy and I'm wearing a nice sweater, though I'm not wearing socks with it, alas. My computer have been driving me crazy these days, because he likes to play the slow game, and there is nothing more enraging than a slow computer, really, but for the most part I manage to use it well, which are good news. Today I wanted to bring my creative process (proccess?) to you guys, and I'll represent that sharing how I did my own version of Ginko, from the show MushiShi, that my friend Ethan presented to me. And yes, I kinda love Ginko lol


It is nothing much, really, but I'd figure to share with you guys, because why not, maybe it can be helpful! It all starts with

1.Idea: I just see something and think "what if I made a drawing of that, how would that look like? It's so amusing to me that I definitely feel I should give it a try.

2.Tracing/doodle: If the drawing already exists, if I can't doodle it, which is a raw version of a final drawing, where I test my ideas, I usually print the drawing and trace it down, I'm not sure if it's a cheat or not, but by copying I usually have new ideas for more drawings, even!

3.Sketch: Sometimes I skip this part and go to the inking and coloring part that ends up in a finished piece, but sketching it with a pencil is really useful and important when you don't know how things will turn out to be, also, sometimes I do copies of the same drawing over and over until I get the result I want, but no need to feel intimidated, I don't take too long to get the result I want, it takes at max 6 sketches, and this don't take more than half an hour;

Notice that I colored this sketch as well, but it's not always the case.

4.Inking and coloring: Sometimes I start my drawing from here, skipping the three other steps entirely, but this is a shot in the dark, I never know if I'll like the drawing or not until is done, if I have an idea, do the doodle and then sketch it, odds are I'll have a better final product!

And this is how I do my sketches most of the time! I hope you find this small yet effective post useful! At least this is how I made my version of Ginko, the character I talked about past post! And this is where the post is going to end, thank you so much dear reader for being here, wish you the best tomorrow and always, good morning and I see you real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts