Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which we talk about Steam Carriages!

Hello everyone! Good morning and happy Wednesday! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I do wish you the best and hope all is well with you! How is the weather? I hope it's well where you are, nice and rainy. Here it is quite pleasant in the shadow, but not quite beneath the sun, also, when you move too much, odds are you are going to sweat anyway! I went to my apartment yesterday and left some things there, such as some clothes and most of my plants, in fact, only one vase is missing, but that one is too big so we'll only take it there in the big move, day 10 of August, the big day! Only 5 missing now, and 7 until my birthday! You can say my birthday season is being a busy one, and that's about it! I can't wait to have my own bedroom, like I said before! Today though, I'd like to share an image of a steam carriage and talk a bit about it!



Steam Carriages, the first cars, are really interesting and beautiful, like this one, the Benz Patent-Motorwagen, created by Karl Benz, and famously driven in a historical trip through Germany by his wife, Bertha! Quite the ingenious couple of the industrial revolution! On Anno 1800, one of my favorite games and my second favorite of the Anno series, they make an appearance! Being the last consumer good unlocked in the game, by reaching 5k Investors (the final tier residency of Anno 1800) those are quite tricky to produce, requiring stuff such as Cautchoc (also needed for bicycles), which have to be imported from the new world! Even if it's expensive and complicated, requiring lots of engineers to produce such commodity, there is something very satisfying in producing them, that is for sure! I love Anno 1800 for introducing us to the dawn of a new era of progress and science, the golden age of engineering! Steamboats replacing the old sailing ship, steam carriages moded by coal and oil slowly coming to replace horses and fodder! A new era, and the world would never be the same again!


Well, this is just a small post to chat a bit about Anno 1800 and my move! I hope to stream this extraordinary game as soon as I move to my new place, lots of expectations, let's see if everything goes alright! Thank you so much for being here, means a lot! See you soon with more updates on my move and more images and stuff!

Comments

Popular Posts