Skip to main content

Quote of the moment Vol.2

“We have had no good comic operas of late, because the real world has been more comic than any possible opera.” – Illustrated London News, Jan. 17, 1931 G. K. Chesterton

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

"I am the last monarch of the old world. As Emperor, it is my duty to protect my peoples from their politicians" -Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria-Hungary

Followers!

Featured

In Which we Wrap up September: At the Gates of a crosswalk

Good evening my good friend, reader of this present post! How are you today? How have you been? We have reached the end of another month, as Christmas season of 2026 either unfolds or draws near, depending on your traditional habits. In any case, the second half of a year, and specially the months of the holiday events, such as Halloween and Thanksgiving, go by quite fast, they also obey their own special laws, separated from the speed of light. I love to see autumn, albeit from afar, given it is spring to summer time in my tropical area. The weather has been so far kept in a pleasant way, and as I understand October may advance the heat forward, I ought to enjoy the breeze as it lasts. And I am okay, I would say. It was a month of me getting the internship and taking part on the first shift of the internship, just observing the classroom while the teacher that took me in, Bless her soul, really did a rather good job at keeping a classroom of so many loud teenagers under control. It wa...

In which we talk about Steam Carriages!

Hello everyone! Good morning and happy Wednesday! How are you today and how are things going? As usual, I do wish you the best and hope all is well with you! How is the weather? I hope it's well where you are, nice and rainy. Here it is quite pleasant in the shadow, but not quite beneath the sun, also, when you move too much, odds are you are going to sweat anyway! I went to my apartment yesterday and left some things there, such as some clothes and most of my plants, in fact, only one vase is missing, but that one is too big so we'll only take it there in the big move, day 10 of August, the big day! Only 5 missing now, and 7 until my birthday! You can say my birthday season is being a busy one, and that's about it! I can't wait to have my own bedroom, like I said before! Today though, I'd like to share an image of a steam carriage and talk a bit about it!



Steam Carriages, the first cars, are really interesting and beautiful, like this one, the Benz Patent-Motorwagen, created by Karl Benz, and famously driven in a historical trip through Germany by his wife, Bertha! Quite the ingenious couple of the industrial revolution! On Anno 1800, one of my favorite games and my second favorite of the Anno series, they make an appearance! Being the last consumer good unlocked in the game, by reaching 5k Investors (the final tier residency of Anno 1800) those are quite tricky to produce, requiring stuff such as Cautchoc (also needed for bicycles), which have to be imported from the new world! Even if it's expensive and complicated, requiring lots of engineers to produce such commodity, there is something very satisfying in producing them, that is for sure! I love Anno 1800 for introducing us to the dawn of a new era of progress and science, the golden age of engineering! Steamboats replacing the old sailing ship, steam carriages moded by coal and oil slowly coming to replace horses and fodder! A new era, and the world would never be the same again!


Well, this is just a small post to chat a bit about Anno 1800 and my move! I hope to stream this extraordinary game as soon as I move to my new place, lots of expectations, let's see if everything goes alright! Thank you so much for being here, means a lot! See you soon with more updates on my move and more images and stuff!

Comments