Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which the much waited DLC for Victoria 3 comes out!

Good morning, my friend, reader of this post! Happy Thursday! How are you and how was your week so far? How is the weather? As for me, I cannot deny it was a week with a great event, new DLC for Victoria 3 being released. The game, that I haven't touched much since May, was quickly revived by this new content. More on that, further on the this blog entry. I am overall okay, some ups and downs, I suppose it happens. At least I managed to sleep more reasonably Wednesday night, it has been rare for me to rest as much when I am supposed to do it, so that is a good achievement! The weather has been pleasant as well, cheers to that, I love Winter! How June is going by fast, at this point. Soon, it will be over. I already should plan on my Wrap up post of the month, so we can start July in a good way... one month closer to my birthday. I still hope I can switch phones, somehow, but financial troubles still haunt me. I did spend more in June than I was expecting, way more than I should, mu

In Which I lose a game of Civ VI :(

Good evening dear reader! How are you and how are things going? I do wish you the best! How is the weather? Here it's pleasant, for the most part... also, I'm here just writing on the blog after a long day of Civ, I'll talk about that in a minute, but before that, did I told you guys I reenrolled in college! Yes! I'm coursing graphic design now, I'm very lost, and I have a couple of activities to do already, but I hope things may work out just fine, I wont let the activities accumulate, in an ideal world at least, and I'll manage to have a nice course, hope so. I skipped the first semester because I transferred from another institution, but well, I'll see what to do, I'll figure things out. Well, I've been trying to play some Civ this morning, even during class, as the class was an online one, I watched the class through my phone and played on the computer. Anyway, as always, it was a journey, and today I'd like to talk a bit about it.

It was an interesting match to say the least, it started really well, and I built most of the wonders I wanted to build, which is the most important, I was ahead of the competition in punctuation, I at some points could have won a cultural victory, could have won a diplomatic victory, but it was not meant to be in the end. Before that though, the end game was very rough, I went on a dark age, Kongo declared war on me, and of all civs this was the most annoying and definitely made my path to victory a rocky one. I managed to get Giant Death Robots and captured two of his cities, burning to the ground one just to intimidate, it was a mistake of their part to declare war on me, but in the end, it was not my game. A obscure civ, Australia, managed to, in a very sneak way, achieve a science victory, I did NOT saw that coming! It was devastating, but well, I get to try a bit more tomorrow, absolutely out of the question playing more civ today. This is a thing on Civilization, it is rough in the beginning, just rerolling to get the nice starting location and so on, but as soon as you get things going, it's magic! I don't know if I'd do anything differently, don't know if it would have altered the final outcome, but anyway, like I said, another chapter on civ begins tomorrow. And of course, this is not the first time I lose on this game, I hope it may be the last one (unlikely but anyway). This post is just about this, my lost on Civ, just as it's part of the grieving process. Well, anyway, I'm glad to be here. Hope you are having a good day, wish you the best tomorrow, and I see you real soon!

Comments