Skip to main content

Highlighted Quotes That Caught my Attention At The Moment

“The first fact about the celebration of birthdays is that it is a good way of affirming defiantly, and even flamboyantly, that it is a good thing to be alive.” – G.K. Chesterton.

Followers!

Featured

In Which we have a September alongside Crisis, Ballet, and Christmas Expectation

Happy Wednesday, my good friend, dear reader of this post! How are you? As for me, I am okay... as okay as I could be, given how extremely turbulent the month of September has been, specially mentally. I have had days of much melancholy and boredom is corroding my will to live. As an example with what I have to deal with, conflicts with my brother become more rispid, as the distance between us mount further. Gaming brings no joy most of the time. I do feel like in a dead end. Energy levels are bellow 0, I am happy if I can get out of bed, at all. Fortunately, today was above average, so I am using this to write a post on the blog, I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. It was a month of low productivity, and given how depressed I've become, I am surprised I managed to do anything at all. How I miss dear Johannes, I wish we could chat at some point, he is usually absent, and we do not have the chance to chat most of the time. Fortunately, today was relatively above averag

In which I share Ellsworth Toohey Evil Speech - The Fountainhead

Have a happy Halloween, reader of this post, and may your day be calm and nice! I finished The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand yesterday, and it was a book I consider important, and most important of all is the speech by Ellsworth Toohey - the Villain of the story. In it, Toohey says "I'm the villain, I want to rule the world, here's how I'll do it", not literally, but pretty close to it. He gives a speech to one of his victims, Peter Keating, one of the most frustrating characters I ever met, you will find why if you read the book. Anyway, these words are worthy of being shared, because they mean the difference between saving your soul and letting it root in the hands of a Ellsworth of real life, and those exist, and thrive.

The Soul of a Collectivist

The Fountainhead can be a long book, and it does feel like a journey at times, but I personally love it, as I loved Atlas Shrugged as well, both books carry the same message in different ways, sometimes I feel The Fountainhead paves the way to Atlas Shrugged, as both happen in New York City, both are big and dense, but worth of taking a look, I'd recommend an audiobook, Those are easier to digest, and you can listen to it at your own pace. It is complicated to talk about it because there is a lot to be talked about it. I think the nature of those book are a virtuous one: to preserve the individual, to shake the foundations of Altruism in the defense of the self, of Egoism. The fact that today this is associated with climbing into the corpse of some other human shows how far we've come in the path of self-sacrifice, either be in the sake of religion, in the sake of the class, in the sake of the group. The evil has a name, and it's called collectivism, as Toohey says on the book, it is evil because it negates the individual, it tells one must sacrifice itself in the name of others, and these others must sacrifice for the sake of others, in an eternal loop, where everyone is a defenseless child, needing a master to tell them what to do next, and what to do next the master will tell with pleasure.  The human not as a sacred being, but as a means to an end, and this end is the master's dish, the collective's rejoicement. I wish I could write easier on such topics, as Rand's word deserves to be spread, but it's too complex to talk about this in a quick single post, the style of this blog. Anyway, I wanted to share this link with you all, take a look if you want to, I think it's worth it. I shared it with a couple of friends also, if you have someone you can share this with, feel free to do it. Have a nice day, and fear the beast.

Comments

Popular Posts